• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it pikey to eat food in a supermarket before you have paid for it.

Well?

• **** off Dave - I often do this and Im not pikey.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DTS

The Business
Decided to treat Mrs DtS to a nice home cooked meal last night. Went to my local branch of Sainsburys and decided to purchase my produce (Some Squid, Salad and Fizzy Water for those of you that are interested).

As I was in there I noticed a woman who was a larger lady and nature had not been kind to her. Anyway she was scoffing a bar of choc. I thought she must have brought it with her.

however when i got to the counter this beast of a woman had eaten the entire bar and then put the empty wrapper on the conveyor to be scanned.

now for my mind this is not only pikey but maybe illegal too? I told Mrs DtS and she didnt seem to think it was a problem. To me this is utter filth.

Thoughts please?

In general I think it's wrong... but The Dude does it in The Big Lebowski, so maybe that makes it ok?

Eating something whole is just pikey... Tasting a grape to see what the bunch is like is acceptable, but thats where I draw the line. It's like going to a bar and holding your mouth under the tap and then purchasing a pint, minus what you drank from the tap, You just wouldn't do it...

I would agree with you but now that they don't have a Wimpy at rayleigh weir you need something to keep you going.

What I do dislike is people who decide they don't want an item that needs to be kept refrigerated (such as mince) and dump it on a shelf in the (say) Uncle Bens rice section.

dude.jpg

Decided to treat Mrs DtS to a nice home cooked meal last night. Went to my local branch of Sainsburys and decided to purchase my produce (Some Squid, Salad and Fizzy Water for those of you that are interested).

As I was in there I noticed a woman who was a larger lady and nature had not been kind to her. Anyway she was scoffing a bar of choc. I thought she must have brought it with her.

however when i got to the counter this beast of a woman had eaten the entire bar and then put the empty wrapper on the conveyor to be scanned.

now for my mind this is not only pikey but maybe illegal too? I told Mrs DtS and she didnt seem to think it was a problem. To me this is utter filth.

Thoughts please?

She may have been(and could still be) diabetic and was in need of a sugar hit.
I have had to do this my self a few times with the biggest pre-pay scoff in southends branch of boots.I was about a minute away from hitting the floor so i stood at the check out stuffing mars bars and sugary drinks down my gob,when the young check out dolly looked at me with a what the feck look in her eyes my daughter who was about 5 at the time told her its ok daddys a diabetic.
So i guess in my daughters eyes if you are diabetic then it is well ok to eat in the supermarket before you pay.

She may have been(and could still be) diabetic and was in need of a sugar hit.
I have had to do this my self a few times with the biggest pre-pay scoff in southends branch of boots.I was about a minute away from hitting the floor so i stood at the check out stuffing mars bars and sugary drinks down my gob,when the young check out dolly looked at me with a what the feck look in her eyes my daughter who was about 5 at the time told her its ok daddys a diabetic.
So i guess in my daughters eyes if you are diabetic then it is well ok to eat in the supermarket before you pay.

Thought you was type 2 mate?

i agree and think its wrong to eat or drink anything prior to checking out.

I disagree big guy, I when I get dragged around Tesco on a Saturday morning, I often head for the big bottles of lucozade energy first to sup on whilst wheeling the trolley around in a hung over stupa and no doubt will be doing the very same thing tomorrow.

Mothers with 2 to 3 young kids often give them juice or snacks and keep the packts for the check out, I see nothing wrong with that if you are planning on paying for the products

I think its acceptable for people to try grapes or something like that or mothers giving there kids drinks or crisps to keep them occupied while she's shopping.

But for a fully overgrown woman to eat something like that whilst shopping is just pure greed imo.

At least she put the wrapper on the belt to be scanned - seen it all too often people giving their kids stuff to eat off the shelves going round to keep them quiet and then not paying. Mind you this is in Tescos at Pitsea!

Depends on what it was really, if you're talking mega humungous super duper king size chocolate bar then plainly wrong, but if it's a Mars or something (like Tony says) it could be necessary for medical reasons. I draw the line at any of it to be honest - if you're diabetic, you should generally be prepared and have something on you that would do what was necessary. And if you want to keep your kids quiet while you shop, then bring a pot of breadsticks or something from home, not rocket science. It's not even really necessary to taste grapes - you can normally tell by the look and colour whether they're ok or not.

At least she put the wrapper on the belt to be scanned - seen it all too often people giving their kids stuff to eat off the shelves going round to keep them quiet and then not paying. Mind you this is in Tescos at Pitsea!

Depends on what it was really, if you're talking mega humungous super duper king size chocolate bar then plainly wrong, but if it's a Mars or something (like Tony says) it could be necessary for medical reasons. I draw the line at any of it to be honest - if you're diabetic, you should generally be prepared and have something on you that would do what was necessary. And if you want to keep your kids quiet while you shop, then bring a pot of breadsticks or something from home, not rocket science. It's not even really necessary to taste grapes - you can normally tell by the look and colour whether they're ok or not.

you cant always predict diabetes

you cant always predict diabetes

No, I know that, I have several friends with diabetes. Most of them carry little packets of sugar with them - well, the women do as they usually have somewhere to keep them. That's what I meant about being prepared.

I wa sin ASDA's the other day and was eating a french loaf at the check out mainly because I hadn't eaten since 5am and it was approaching 7pm. I can't see whats wrong with this, I was hungry i was paying for the stuff so whats the problem.
I can see a problem with people eating stuff and dumping the wrappers before they get to the checkout or leaving fridge items on normal shelfs.

No, I know that, I have several friends with diabetes. Most of them carry little packets of sugar with them - well, the women do as they usually have somewhere to keep them. That's what I meant about being prepared.

Luckily I don't have to do that I just take tablets as my body still produces some insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back