• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it Right or Wrong to complain to a moderator and request Bans?

Is it wrong to be a Grass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
Or should we value their time and input and let them do the job themselves?

I know that in the last week I have been "grassed" on twice publicly, possibly more privately. A quick glance in the profile messages of certain other users would suggest that there are some semi private complaints about some posters, and I'm sure the PM brigade rattle them off like a teenager in a bedroom with a copy of Playboy.

Personally I would only report someone as a joke, would hate to see anyone banned because of a petty dispute or because i don't know their first name.

Depends what the offender has done...if it could prove harmful to the character of the person being offended, then yes, but if it is just banter, boys will be boys, and as long is it doesn't get out of hand then let them get on with it!

I know what you're talking about DWB, and that's one occassion out of a million on here that I'd agree, reporting is necessary, and probably talking to your solicitor. Other than that, some people are really petty!

tricky question without being specific to the offense. I its just a case of verbal slagging, you can just ignore the person. If someone uses this board to incite violence against someone, then thats not right.

I voted yes. There's no harm in it as flagging something up only helps the mods and owners out. Then they'll see if something should be done. Action is only taken when it's really deemed necessary, and monitoring for anything libel, racist or just plain insulting is quite a task sometimes.

tricky question without being specific to the offense. I its just a case of verbal slagging, you can just ignore the person. If someone uses this board to incite violence against someone, then thats not right.

Agreed, there is a limit, esp in Davewebbsbrains case.

notice that the "No" voter has "snide" in his avatar... says it all !!!

It is entirely up to the Owners/Mods who should get banned - we may not always like it, but it is their job to run the board as they see it. The Owners are the Chairmen and the Mods are the Managers - we may not always agree with Ron and Tilly but we still support Southend.

Expanding on this, I don't think it's up to the fans to be sending telegrams to Ron and Tilly about who should be put on the transfer list due to a personal gripe....

Rusty - bang on the money there mate.

If you called Steve Tilson complaining about [insert players name here] because he doesn't use other players's first names, he would probably call you a **** and tell you to **** off!

I voted yes. There's no harm in it as flagging something up only helps the mods and owners out. Then they'll see if something should be done. Action is only taken when it's really deemed necessary, and monitoring for anything libel, racist or just plain insulting is quite a task sometimes.

please dont ban me because if you did then my oh so shallow life would fall apart but i think you voted for the wrong one,as in you voted that yes you shouldnt report things to a mod.

Last edited:
Rusty - bang on the money there mate.

If you called Steve Tilson complaining about [insert players name here] because he doesn't use other players's first names, he would probably call you a **** and tell you to **** off!

or tell you to get out a bit more.

Back