• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
I have a thought on the so called nerves at home that gives the team the poor home stats . When we play away with such freedom .Is it that the playing surface on other grounds is better than at Rootshall .The pitch at the hall isnt at its best .The goalmouths look like a muddy bog and lots of the outfield has bobbles and divitts all over it . The Hall has not had the quality playing surface it used to have over the last two seasons .

tosh im afraid, the simple reason is home teams 'have a go' thus leaving themselves open, we exploit this, many a team will come to the hall and set up for a pointnbor a smash and grab

Torquay's pitch is dreadful! I think it's more the fans eargerness to criticise at home. It's been like that for years.

Think the players look a little nervous at home, but a lot of sides come toThe Hall to defend and catch us on the break.That is why it is imperative that we play with a high tempo right from the first whistle. An early goal at home is vital. In too many games this season at home we've not taken the game to the opposition early enough.

Rubbish! The pitch at Roots Hall remains in as pristine condition as the weather allows season in, season out.

Nothing to do with the pitch, just down to the players' confidence. Or maybe enforced team selection.

Torquay's pitch is dreadful! I think it's more the fans eargerness to criticise at home. It's been like that for years.

Cant agree. If you look at the crowd for the Port Vale game they really got behind the players. The crowd here I dont think is any better or worse than anywhere else. We want to see the players trying and having a go. If they do the fans back them as we proved against Vale.

Agree with Dave, also weve only won one more game away from home than at home. The Aldershot and Barnet games were horrific but in the others weve created a fair few chances. The turning point has been dropping Spicer and getting in Laird and Mkandawire,made us more solid in the midfield and allows Timlin to play his natural box to box game. Chuck in Tomlin scoring and Britt back in the goals with Fred and Corr on the bench, then I think we will start to go on a real good run now.

Think the players look a little nervous at home, but a lot of sides come toThe Hall to defend and catch us on the break.That is why it is imperative that we play with a high tempo right from the first whistle. An early goal at home is vital. In too many games this season at home we've not taken the game to the opposition early enough.

Pretty much this. Teams play differently here to when they play at home. It seems that the formation works better in open games. At Roots Hall, teams don't tend to be so open, they play on the break, Port Vale being the exception and look how we played there. Another factor is those loan players in midfield, make us so much stronger as a unit. If we can keep hold of them, promotion is very much a possibility.

Don't change a thing. Maybe a little tinker here and there and time to start seeing whether BC can stand up to leading front line if Britt goes back in Jan. If not plenty of time to replace. When we get the mix right at the Hall we'll be irresistible. May not be pretty but points get promotion.

Expectations are high from sections of the crowd,Teams sit deeper and frustrate our boys which makes it diffulcult to score and then fans start to hand out stick which makes the players even more nervous.

2 new additions - settled team line up - and a couple of confidence building results will see us go on a nice little run now, home and away ! String 5 results together in this league and you shoot up it !!

Some people should trust PS more than they do ! He keeps things simple - but with his horrific start to the season in respect of injuries and inability to bring additional players in saw this affect everything he tried - some people asked for patience on, whilst others again wanted a knee jerk reaction to appoint a new manager ! What a bizarre bunch if fans we are !

I remember Charlie Nicholas once commenting on our game on sky sports news when he said Sturrock has set up the team to play away from home and he was not surprised our away form was so good. I always think we have a chance away from home. By the way he was commentating on a home game!

Rubbish! The pitch at Roots Hall remains in as pristine condition as the weather allows season in, season out.

I used to work with a guy who was a youth team goalkeeper for Watford. He said that people hated playing at Roots Hall because the pitch was awful. That was a long time ago but I doubt much has improved...

Back