• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it time for a boycott?

I have written to RM today saying that I will not be renewing my season ticket for the following reasons.

I am not paying almost £1000 (3 tickets plus car park) unless

1. Debts to HMRC are paid
2. Wages to staff are paid
3. We have an assistant manager
4. There is investment in the squad.
5. Stadium is underway in June
6. We have more than 15 contracted players

Unless all these things happen we are going to have another season of pure and utter crap, the same as this season, and I am not prepared to pay out for that, not knowing what I am going to get. (Due to non-football reasons, I know that nobody knows what they are going to get, but that is on an even playing field).

However, I am also not prepared to pay £420 for each ticket for League 1 or even League 2 football.

If the above happens, then I will be buying those tickets, and I would expect to get them at the current "early bird" price (less 10% if we are in league 2)

It doesn't quite work like that...

I have written to Ron Martin today expressing the following points...

I will not be renewing my season ticket if

1. There are no Onions in the burgers.
2. The buns continue to be un grilled.
3. Your hair gets even more tatty.

Thank you and good night!

;)

UTB!

I will always be renewing my season ticket!

For what it's worth, I'll be buying a Seaso next year whatever division we're in. I support the club and can see no good coming of a "boycott" given our current perilous financial plight.

Whether it's Sheffield Wednesday or Stevenage, I'll be there in August cheering on my team.

Well said, scraped my pennies together for mine in the World Cup campaign before Christmas, paid on credit card so I know I'm protected.

I see no point in holding back if there is going to be a reduction if we're relegated unless you were paying in cash and so don't have credit card protection.

theres all these special deals but nothing for us. no discount at the club shop instead these stupid bloody point things. who wants that???

the club need to forget about this technical stuff and concerntrate on the football.

Being as that's the commericial department's area, would you rather they don't look for any money making initiatives and instead render the whole department redundant?

I sympathise about your view that STHs don't get a whole lot of priviledges but the fact you're getting YOUR seat at a reduced rate, have priority in the event of any major games and rights apparently to attend things such as the recent Q&A mean that you do actually get some extra value out of it.

I'm not renewing due to there being no need. Will be able to sit wherever you like next year next to a swath of empty seats. I fully expect crowds of no more than 5,000, and that will be message enough to Ronnie Manilow.

I have written to RM today saying that I will not be renewing my season ticket for the following reasons.

Unless all these things happen we are going to have another season of pure and utter crap, the same as this season, and I am not prepared to pay out for that, not knowing what I am going to get. (Due to non-football reasons, I know that nobody knows what they are going to get, but that is on an even playing field).

However, I am also not prepared to pay £420 for each ticket for League 1 or even League 2 football.

If the above happens, then I will be buying those tickets, and I would expect to get them at the current "early bird" price (less 10% if we are in league 2)

Instead of writing to him why dont you speak to him on the phone spent 50 mins talking to him today had a interesting conversation

Instead of writing to him why dont you speak to him on the phone spent 50 mins talking to him today had a interesting conversation

Don't know his number and you are probably the reason I didn't get a response as he was too busy talking to you!

Are you going to enlighten us on "interesting conversation"?

Who ever does is a Col Ewe fan. End of!

Why boycott games when we need the cash and we are in a relegation fight!

And if everyone follows your lead, the club will have even less money to do the things that you demand. Utterly ridiculous thing to say. Glad you aren't 'Current Trust Treasurer Bloke'.......

Not having a dig here, I'm just interested.

If we don't have an assistant manager are you actually not going to go?

and

If the stadium isn't being built in June which is only 2 months away! Will you not go next season ?

utb!

And if everyone follows your lead, the club will have even less money to do the things that you demand. Utterly ridiculous thing to say. Glad you aren't 'Current Trust Treasurer Bloke'.......

disagree with you and agree with ex treasurer bloke.

Why support a sinking ship when even with 7/8k each week in attendances we are losing so much money.

grand is a lot of money to many a person and I have to agree that when it appears on the face of it nothing is being done that he has every right to walk away from turning up week in week out. away games only for me.

Why support a sinking ship when even with 7/8k each week in attendances we are losing so much money.

grand is a lot of money to many a person and I have to agree that when it appears on the face of it nothing is being done that he has every right to walk away from turning up week in week out. away games only for me.

A football club, like all businesses, should, be self sufficient. We haven't been since about 1805. When Ron and or his companies were propping us up, everything was Dandy. Unfortunately, that money dried up. And suddenly many seem to think that Ron should have a bottomless pit of wonga, and the fact that he doesn't is worse than treason.

What will help the club more- crap home attendances and no income, or 10,000 season ticket holders?

Because the ship isn't sunk yet, is it? Do you keep on manning the pumps, fighting the fires and trying to steer the ship to safety or do you run for the lifeboats and then watch from a safe distance? Unbelievable!

You would rather put money in the pockets of the likes of Ken Bates, Barry Hearn or Col Ewe than back your club in its hour of need? Some sort of support that is!

:censored:

I'd rather be a Col U fan instad of Martin's lapdog

That's a ****ing disgraceful thing to say. No-one is asking you to be Martin's lapdog, they are asking you to support your team and your club. Some true colours coming out now I see!

:doh:

A football club, like all businesses, should, be self sufficient. We haven't been since about 1805. When Ron and or his companies were propping us up, everything was Dandy. Unfortunately, that money dried up. And suddenly many seem to think that Ron should have a bottomless pit of wonga, and the fact that he doesn't is worse than treason.

What will help the club more- crap home attendances and no income, or 10,000 season ticket holders?

The thing Ron has had 10k gates week-in week-out, and look where they have lead us....

It would appear Ron doesn't know how to run a football club, so why does he deserve your hard-earned?

Put it another way; If you went to a barber, and got a crap haircut you probably wouldn't go back again. But your mentality is "i have to have my haircut", so you go again, and same as before the barber does a **** job. At what point do you realise enough is enough?

That's a ****ing disgraceful thing to say. No-one is asking you to be Martin's lapdog, they are asking you to support your team and your club. Some true colours coming out now I see!

:doh:

Been to many games this season have we?

The thing Ron has had 10k gates week-in week-out, and look where they have lead us....

It would appear Ron doesn't know how to run a football club, so why does he deserve your hard-earned?

Put it another way; If you went to a barber, and got a crap haircut you probably wouldn't go back again. But your mentality is "i have to have my haircut", so you go again, and same as before the barber does a **** job. At what point do you realise enough is enough?

I don't think you can compare your love of a football club to the necessity of having a hair cut.

Boycotting would not help.

It seems there is an attitude of 'I want the club to succeed, but I'm not paying for it'

We haven't had 10k attendances week in week out since 2006/7. Taking your argument about RM not being able to run a football club a stage further. With the level of debt throughout football from Manchester United downwards, it would seem it's not an exclusive club.

I don't think you can compare your love of a football club to the necessity of having a hair cut.

Boycotting would not help.

It seems there is an attitude of 'I want the club to succeed, but I'm not paying for it'

Of course i want the club to succeed, and i'd say i've put a fair few quid into the club through tickets/merchandise/beer/food, as i'm sure many others do game after game.

However, despite a fair amount of money going into the club, we're seeing nothing returned, but instead the club is being run into the ground. Then, as a domino effect of that, we get the "pleasure" of watching sub-standard footballers who don't have the slighest care about what happens to SUFC.

Back