• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for action?

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Following on from some decent discussion in this thread - http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...ate-The-clubs-dire-situation-what-can-be-done with regards to the clubs situation off the pitch. Do you feel after 16 years, no new stadium and £15m in the red, it is now time to voice disapproval at RM and the board of Directors?

Obviously it would have to be the right type of action, clear, concise and calculated...200 shouting abuse in the car park is pointless. That is a discussion for another time. But, in theory do you feel action is warranted and would you support action?

Discuss and vote either way. We need a clear picture on the feeling of the fanbase (well a % of it at least)

Those of you in favour, hop on the other thread and list out some key reasons why you feel action is justified.

Last edited:
Yes- I don't think we'll get answers though, Ron will trot out the commercially sensitive information line again and how he can't disclose anything without risk of harming the development etc. and how we need to hold tight.

Most definitely YES!!!!

The whole future of the club is at stake and without change very soon there will not be a Southend United to support. It's that serious in my opinion.

I've voted yes, but something like this can't/won't happen through osmosis. It's going to take people who are prepared to take a leading role in pulling things together and acting as a catalyst for agreed ways forward. That may be the role of the trust, we shall see. What will happen is that people will say this or that should happen, and getting agreement will be the hardest part. That's not defeatism, it's human nature. I'm going to think about stuff for the other thread now.

Seriously Cricko, people are entitled to vote how they want without you hauling their profile up for others to see! That's bang out of order, and for that reason exactly I will also vote "no"!

Action is obviously needed

The Action I would like to see in order of preference

Off Field
Work Starts on the new stadium
Planning permission approved for new stadium
Formal Planning permission applied for
Debt cleared

On the pitch
Start winning with striking fluent football
Start winning away
Stop losing away

Is there anything else ?

Now obviously RM/PB are struggling to deliver any of the above , so if we were to demand these , I presume that we will have to have a way of achieving it to tell RM/PB where they are going wrong and then put them right. Because surely demanding something blindly isn't really going to help.

If we really want RM to listen, we need to go to him with solutions , not just more problems, and if he then ignores it then there are grounds for a proper constructive moan.

Seriously Cricko, people are entitled to vote how they want without you hauling their profile up for others to see! That's bang out of order, and for that reason exactly I will also vote "no"!

It was a public vote, anybody could see it if they clicked it....But for that reason alone you are voting in a particular way, Bizarre.

It was a public vote, anybody could see it if they clicked it....But for that reason alone you are voting in a particular way, Bizarre.

Yes, but you've chosen to highlight it in the thread for all to see. I probably would have voted as Shrimpers are Magic to be fair, but I guess I've chosen to fall one side of the fence.

Although I see you have now deleted your post entirely.

If you are looking for an anonymous shadowy figure to orchestrate any disruption but not get directly involved then I am happy to help.

Is it actually possible to get a chairman out of a club?

Aren't chairman supposed to be means tested?

Is it even possible to strike a blow at the hierarchy ie get the club into the ownership of the fans.

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
A few searches....

SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)2ND FLOOR, 45 GROSVENOR ROAD, ST. ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE, AL1 3AW
ACTIVE00089767

• Cash: £15.9k
  • Net Worth: £-14,359,473

• Assets: £583.4k
  • Liabilities: £15.5M

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...S-HALL-LIMITED

MARTIN DAWN PLC

• Cash: £9,817
  • Net Worth: £-6,686,112

• Assets: £6.5M
  • Liabilities: £16.4M

ROOTS HALL LIMITED2ND FLOOR, 45 GROSVENOR ROAD, ST ALBANS, HERTS, AL1 3AW
ACTIVE03710296

• Cash: £0
  • Net Worth: £-666,347

• Assets: £15.1M
  • Liabilities: £22.6M

This is the state of OUR club.....

Without change and progress we have no future.

Shrimperzone has been very interesting this week. Some people are getting more delusional by the day. How exactly do you propose to oust someone from a business he owns and you have absolutely no claim to what so ever.

I'm not sure what this aims to achieve, the club has a significant negative cashflow and nobody is going to want to step in and pour money into a bottomless pit.

Back