• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it time for another protest?

Somerset Ex-TTB

Members
What with things on the pitch at the moment, this being caused by non-payment of wages (AGAIN!), and other things going on off the pitch (as per the interview with Tilly), and the news re: prospects and the farce of Brush/Webb, is it time for another protest.

League 2 football is now almost a certainty (even if we get one/two/three back against Gillingham), with Leeds on Saturday, we could be 5 or 6 points adrift by then.

Nothing has changed since the Q&A and RM thinks that a couple of hours of smarm/lies/spin will make things all OK, and we will think he is the messiah again.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
What about a white flag protest ? Seems like ron surrended the club for his own means.

What with things on the pitch at the moment, this being caused by non-payment of wages (AGAIN!), and other things going on off the pitch (as per the interview with Tilly), and the news re: prospects and the farce of Brush/Webb, is it time for another protest.

League 2 football is now almost a certainty (even if we get one/two/three back against Gillingham), with Leeds on Saturday, we could be 5 or 6 points adrift by then.

Nothing has changed since the Q&A and RM thinks that a couple of hours of smarm/lies/spin will make things all OK, and we will think he is the messiah again.

Thoughts?

He was nearly in tears last time, think we have been very lenient with his ******** , time to give it to him with both barells, he's completely destroyed the club!

What would a protest achieve, exactly? Ron Martin owns the club - not that there's anything to own.

How about we compile a list of Ron's greatest quotes and e-mail them to him. I'll start;

"Steve Tilson has funds to spend this summer." (Conveniently made whilst trying to flog this years season tickets)

i dont know what good a protest would do but something has to be done to change the ownership of this football club.

How about we compile a list of Ron's greatest quotes and e-mail them to him. I'll start;

"Steve Tilson has funds to spend this summer." (Conveniently made whilst trying to flog this years season tickets)

2) "It's just a big misunderstanding, we don't owe anything, we've overpaid by a few hundred grand. Nothing to worry about you mugs".

i still dont feel that ron would leave unless he instigated the deal and still benefitted from it massively but even saying that i now think a massive protest not 100 but 500 minimum lets show him that enough is enough he obviously can not pull ff deal time to cut his losses and save some face i have been pro ron for th
rough all this but thee last few months has woken me up to say the least

Back