• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown now leave?

• Yes

Votes: 233 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 14.9%
  • 3 more games

Votes: 69 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jam_Man

Life President
We had the monster thread after the season with a poll, lets see what the current opinion is (hard to guess this one)

For me he he has had 7 games plus the league cup game and we now look worse than last season.

Didn't deliver in the transfer window.

Results have not been good enough, the draw against Bolton was a good result but only because we defended for our lives and hung on.

Thanks for getting us out of League Two but time to go Phil.

Left the option for 10 games which is the customary time scale to be judged.

I have supported him in the past, but today's result has done it for me; time for a change and both him and GC need to go

And, predictably, several other "Brown out" type threads are started..... :facepalm:

FWIW, I feel he must be on very thin ice now and that the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords. Shame, as I don't have anything against him. Something is stopping us attracting players in and something is also preventing us getting the best out of those we do have. End of the month for me and if no improvement, then it's a case of so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu.

And, predictably, several other "Brown out" type threads are started..... :facepalm:

FWIW, I feel he must be on very thin ice now and that the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords. Shame, as I don't have anything against him. Something is stopping us attracting players in and something is also preventing us getting the best out of those we do have.

Yes, the manager.

FWIW, I feel he must be on very thin ice now and that the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords. Shame, as I don't have anything against him. Something is stopping us attracting players in and something is also preventing us getting the best out of those we do have. End of the month for me and if no improvement, then it's a case of so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu.

Indeed, we will try to keep the Brown out moans here now.

Only reason for this new one is a fresh referendum :smile:

If we get a bad performance and result against Millwall, that will be it I think.

Negative tactics. Egotisitc media whore, always someone elses fault. There's 3 things

Negative tactics. Egotisitc media whore, always someone elses fault. There's 3 things

Still dont see negative tactics.
We have been told for ages his tactics were negative because we played one up front, we dont even do that anymore. Really not seeing how his tactics are negative.

What I see is poor performances, simple as that, and thats enough.

The standard of football is awful. The players don't seem happy. The fans definitely aren't happy. The attendances are dropping. The transfer window was shocking. The excuses from Brown are getting more infuriating to hear each time.

There doesn't seem to be much light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. Brown has had a very fair crack of the whip and the results and performances have been poor for a very, very long time now. Bentley and Payne helped him paper over the cracks, but now they're gone we're fully exposed.

It's time for a change and pretty much everyone can see that. Brown himself is probably counting himself very fortunate that he's still in the job.

shame, I just read the match report and although 4-0 is terrible, we had a few chances to score

If PB has lost the dressing room, then maybe he should go.

If not stick with him for a few more games.

A win against Millwall will get us all smiling again

If we get a bad performance and result against Millwall, that will be it I think.

Probably not the best time to be playing a side who thumped us 4-0 at the Hall last season! Still every cloud will have a silver lining if it happens again at least (I hope it doesn't but if it does then I don't think Brown will recover from that).

shame, I just read the match report and although 4-0 is terrible, we had a few chances to score

If PB has lost the dressing room, then maybe he should go.

If not stick with him for a few more games.

A win against Millwall will get us all smiling again

He lost it at Swindon back in January!

Today is the final straw for me. We have no new options now until January, that will be able to make an immediate impact, so it's more of the same next Saturday most probably.

Back half of last season was a warning and departures have not been replaced. Due diligence has been pathetic on the one signing we did manage to make. We are dissappearing down the plug hole.

Already it looks like the bottom 6 have major frailties, but all the clubs around us have added to their squads.

His only branch to cling to is the injuries line. They will bolster up the midfield sure, but there is little there to encourage me over the next few games.

Something is wrong at this club at the moment, with 18 in the squad who started so brightly this time last season.

He speaks a good game and I'd love him to turn it around, but the position we are now in and the squad we have, with the lack of attacking options and attacking coaching at the club, suggests not.

The fact he has just blamed the players AGAIN and said some don't care. So they will be wittled out. So what 7 a-side league is he aiming for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me it's time up, and I now want our board to actually do something decisive for once and change it now. Sorry to all of you who are still of a mind to carry on backing him, I was in your camp until today and now is the time for me to "cross the floor", so I have.

Agreed.

That was the game he absolutely went in on Prosser in front of the whole dressing room. Don't think Prosser played for us again after that.

Bang out of order to call out a whole-hearted loyal servant like Prosser in front of the whole squad. That's when the problems started and I don't blame the players for not playing for him.

Bottom line is we can't sign anyone now for 4 months. We have a squad that probably isn't good enough at this point but that I believe IS good enough to remain in this division under the right stewardship. The players won't play for Brown and given that he can't change them now that's very dangerous for us as we could be in serious trouble by January. We can't change the squad but we CAN change the manager and for me he deserves to go now. Thanks for the promotion but if you stay Phil there's a very real chance you'll be undoing all that good work this season.

All I know is that this year has been terrible, and until Brown is booted out, it won't change.

A new manager might fail aswell, but its worth it, were going down with Brown anyway.

Back