• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown now leave?

• Yes

Votes: 203 74.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • 3 more games

Votes: 47 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
If you can bear with my analogy please;
If Phil ran a restaurant he has all the ingredients for a top menu, but he makes less than best use of them and put pasta with potatoes with pizza and to " spice" it up has a rich velvet cream and chocolate sauce. All are very good parts but the combinations are very badly thought out. Phil desperately needs to listen to some sagacity of advice before it becomes too late.

If things are no better at the end of October then I think it's time to go. In the meantime, get some proper coaching in for the attacking players and some different coaching in for the defence, cos what you have ain't working!

Previously ive voted to give him longer but i am now running out of patience. I agree with Massimo, we have the makings of a good team but PB is not getting the best out of them. I particularly HATE him playing one up front against struggling league 1 teams at home. I cant remember the last time ive come away from a game thinking weve performed really well (maybe Millwall in the fa cup?) So sorry Phil your a legend in your own mind, its time to walk away please. :'(

Both teams below us (one of whom could move above us with a win in their game in hand) have seen their manager's leave already. Time is running out for Phil and the sooner he goes the better.

Another poll about what everyone thinks of PB.

How exciting!

It'll be about 78% to go and a split of 11% each on the other two options.

Another poll about what everyone thinks of PB.

How exciting!

It'll be about 78% to go and a split of 11% each on the other two options.

Mystic Meg strikes again. It must be those crystal balls you have Andy.

So for the 5 people who have so far voted No, care to explain?

Have you voted no because you just think Ron won't ditch him or is there another reason?

I'm in the Brown out brigade and have been for a very long time. I'm not looking to put down your every view I am just genuinely interested in your views and reasons why you think he should stay.

As has been said before how much would we have to pay to sack Brown? Can we actually afford it?

So for the 5 people who have so far voted No, care to explain?

Have you voted no because you just think Ron won't ditch him or is there another reason?

I'm in the Brown out brigade and have been for a very long time. I'm not looking to put down your every view I am just genuinely interested in your views and reasons why you think he should stay.

Yep, I voted "no" because I don't believe in sacking a manager after a run of 5 successive home games without defeat, including four wins.

I also would only vote to sack someone when it's clear there's a better alternative available and/or it's clear the players don't believe in him anymore.

A few poor away defeats against form sides Isn't a complete indicator of where we are. It's a guide that something has to change away from home, but not a complete indicator that we are s**** and might as well give up now.

Next 3 games; Chesterfield HOME, Bradford AWAY, MK Dons AWAY

I reckon draw, lose, lose - why delay the inevitable?

I've long been an advocate of Brown, but the fat lady sang for me yesterday. Time for a changing of the guard.

In reality I can see him still being here until the New Year, when we lose at home to Charlton, having only won 2 in our next 12 (Home against Shrewsbury and Wimbledon)...

Get saving Ron !! Or get a bank loan, after all the APR is still low.

Yep, I voted "no" because I don't believe in sacking a manager after a run of 5 successive home games without defeat, including four wins.

I also would only vote to sack someone when it's clear there's a better alternative available and/or it's clear the players don't believe in him anymore.

A few poor away defeats against form sides Isn't a complete indicator of where we are. It's a guide that something has to change away from home, but not a complete indicator that we are s**** and might as well give up now.

i really want to agree with you Andy, and yes the results at home have been encouraging on paper, but apart from the Millwall game they have been lacklustre performances against mediocre sides.

I like Phil Brown, but think he has now lost the plot,. And he is now panicking.

Who replaces him is cause for concern too though, right now we're not exactly a big draw...

Don't forget our unbeaten November which we have penned in on the calendar every season.

Comfortable mid-table by Christmas.

Said yes months back, think his personal outside of football is very heavy(it's well publicised) and I do think it effects him as a manager, plus his media work and how he touts him self out. It's all about Me ,Me, Me..... been like it for ages.

Fresh needed, fast I said a few months back, now it's really needed fast.... or the drop is 100% coming.

Mid table by Christmas .There is a santa after all .Just as I don't believe in Santa I don't believe we will be mid table come Christmas .Not with P B in charge anyway Its already time for Ron to be the grim reaper and get rid of the manager and his stooge . Before Christmas .

I shall remind you of that quote, after we've whooped Wimbledon on Boxing Day, with a Nile Ranger hat-trick!

_1350644572.jpg
[h=1]PAOLO DI CANIO[/h]
Points per match as manager:1,77
Success rate as coach:52,8 % Wins
18,9 % Draw
28,3 % Losses
Trainer licence :UEFA Pro licence

Back