• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it time for mass protests

leeblue

Members⭐
with RM blatanly running the club into oblivion is it time to act? I have up until very recently been of the belief that things were going to be ok, but the truth is we are up the creek, we are not even allowed to sign a single player, we are going to watch the yoof team running about getting beaten every week and face relegation to the conference, this is how I see the situation, in another thread cockles is back suggested we go en masse to RMs house and plant up outside, I am ****ing there, not to be a thug or call him names but picture the scene 300 blues fans sat outside with banners etc etc. How come we get a statement from him describing his knee situation but not one word on players under contract being able to leave for nowt, still being under a transfer embargo, no work on that poxy grounnd the list goes on, I was in the thick of the jobson demos Im actually up for a new one now, I know he owns the lot and in reality any protests would not make a jot of difference I just feel I have to do something, I almost cancelled my DD for the season tickets today..........what can we do peeps

A time and a place?

Meet the Blue Day....? I honestly think it will be cancelled

Friendlies? I think they may end up being 'behind closed doors' (and probably result in a false information leak a la N Korea!)

Yes abso****ingloutely . Enough is enough lets have a structured demo.

Something has to be done..even if we cannot change the fact RM owns everything we must somehow show that we as the Fan's are SUFC...without us they have nobody and maybe that is what RM is trying to do by strangling the lifeblood out of the club.

It is time to act in some way and I will happily join in.

We need leaders with ideas.

Something needs to be done things can't go on like this but I think it's gone way beyond just a protest and a Q&A.

Pointless.com

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

The best for the job of organising surely are the Blue Voice lads? Smiffy True Blue etc? Have done a fantastic job on organising events before..

clearly there will not be a Meet The Blue Day (deliberate singular) - make a protest in Benfleet and you'll get done by the police for obstruction - how about a protest in the High Street?

You may be right. We might be stuck with Ron , but i say lets turn up the heat and make him feel very very uncomfortable. Its the least he deserves after all the **** he is putting us through.

I almost cancelled my dd also today , but as much as i currently hate Ron martin my heart will always be blue and unfortunately for my bank balance that means that the DD remains.

I say lets get this protest arranged and organised as soon as possible.

You may be right. We might be stuck with Ron , but i say lets turn up the heat and make him feel very very uncomfortable. Its the least he deserves after all the **** he is putting us through.

I almost cancelled my dd also today , but as much as i currently hate Ron martin my heart will always be blue and unfortunately for my bank balance that means that the DD remains.

I say lets get this protest arranged and organised as soon as possible.

As much as I agree that a protest will make Ron feel unwelcome, but he will want a lot of money for us, despite us being in a lot of debt and the only people to have shown an interest is an unknown consortium. I think that we should all put some money together and takeover, become like Bayern, a club owned by the fans but run by people who know what they are doing, but this will be next to impossible as we have just had a recession.

I think if we could get banners and a see of blue down the high street and then sit on mass in silence that would be alot more poignant dignified and in keeping with our magnificent support. Ofcourse we could all go on the rampage and smash **** up , but i dont think we would get the media and public sympathy we crave nor would it be in keeping with our fantastic support.

Liking the idea of a march.

Congregates on Pier Hill where we celebrated promotions a few years back, down the High St via Civic Centre to Roots Hall.
Lots of blue, shirts, flags (Jack!), balloons, singing out hearts out!
Then all sit in Roots Hall carpark in silence.
See if Ron will roll out or King walk out to speak to us

Back