• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it true...

lawrenceaustin

Schoolboy
That unless we come straight back to EFL in first year we will lose the Academy and any funding given for this purpose?

A friend mentioned this to me...

That unless we come straight back to EFL in first year we will lose the Academy and any funding given for this purpose?

The rumour mill wastes no time kicking in?. How many times has someone said 'i've heard', 'someone's said' etc.
Not having a pop at you lawrenceaustin, but where does this 'friend' get his info from?.

The rumour mill wastes no time kicking in?. How many times has someone said 'i've heard', 'someone's said' etc.
Not having a pop at you lawrenceaustin, but where does this 'friend' get his info from?.
I'm not trying to spread a rumour, I was talking to my cousin who's boy play in the EJA of which southend are involved i believe, he understood this to be the case, I was merely asking if anyone could confirm or deny this

So don't be disgruntled by an honest request for clarity...I have never jumped on a rumour, it came up in a conversation so I thought I would ask the board, sorry if I have ruffles feathers!!?!

I'd be interested too, as I have also heard or read this somewhere (I thought it was on here?).

I'm not trying to spread a rumour, I was talking to my cousin who's boy play in the EJA of which southend are involved i believe, he understood this to be the case, I was merely asking if anyone could confirm or deny this

So don't be disgruntled by an honest request for clarity...I have never jumped on a rumour, it came up in a conversation so I thought I would ask the board, sorry if I have ruffles feathers!!?!

Absolutely fair question! Thanks for raising it - I’d be keen to know the answer too.

Funding for the Academy continues (this money comes from the Premier League) for two seasons after dropping out of the EFL; you receive 100% funding determined by the Category of Academy the club operates - Cat 3 in our case - in the first season and 50% in the second season.

Remember also that the PL funding only covers so much of the operating costs and it requires investment from the football club as well; I believe Ron Martin committed to continuing this investment on the recent Zoom call with supporter groups.

Back