• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is Laurent a sellfish B**stard?

shaneyshrimper

First XI
After last nights performance, I am begiining to wonder.

One of the comentators on Sky Sports stated about his decision making skills, which in my opinion is in question???

Some great runs last night but not passing to Spencer last night when he had a clear chance is just criminal.

What's your thoughts on this??

Last edited:
He was trying to bask in glory underneath skysports cameras... it was woeful i agree.

We have had enough strikers at this club who seemed to refuse to shoot at any cost, so yes Laurent should have passed the ball to Spencer more last night - but i would be more frusted if he didnt have the balls to have a go.

Saying that, i still think he is better placed on the wing.

Laurent IS the most exciting & frustrating player in the squad..

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a player being a bit selfish but last night was ridiculous! Laurent needs to learn that if a player is in a better position on goal than him then he needs to pass!

After last nights performance, I am begiining to wonder.

One of the comentators on Sky Sports stated about his decision making skills, which in my opinion is in question???

Some great runs last night but not passing to Spencer last night when he had a clear chance is just criminal.

What's your thoughts on this??

I am not sure if Laurent is looking for his own glory (selfish *******) or if he just doesn't have the ability or confidence to look up when he has the ball at his feet, there is no doubt in my mind that this guy has talent, but he is using this talent to make himself look good and this does not benefit the team, on at least 3 occasions last night he could have passed and created a chance for someone in a better position, instead he went for personal glory and failed. Someone needs to work with him on this, if not then he will lose friends in the team. UTB

I think Laurent has just about every attribute needed to be a major attacking threat in his locker. His decision making last night was at times questionable, but when you have someone who is capable of running at players the way he did last night, that will always give you a chance of scoring, and with him and Scannell last night, with the addition of Watt, I thought that's the most threatening we've looked in a long time.

We should remember the state of the pitch we were playing on, the fact Laurent is playing right side one week, up front the next, then last night, operating on the left at times, and he is probably a little unsure what to do next - Let's be honest, if he was the finished article, who could score, or pick out the right pass every time, there is no way he'd still be playing for us!!

I think you have to accept you are going to get inconsistencies from Laurent, that's part and parcel of who he is - he has flair, pace, strength and power and at times is completely unplayable - other times, he will flatter to deceive, but I'd rather have him on my side than playing against us!

We have had enough strikers at this club who seemed to refuse to shoot at any cost, so yes Laurent should have passed the ball to Spencer more last night - but i would be more frusted if he didnt have the balls to have a go.

Saying that, i still think he is better placed on the wing.

Laurent IS the most exciting & frustrating player in the squad..

Agree with this. How many other players have we got that would have found themselves in Laurents position after beating a few men?? Its down to the coaching staff to now have a go at him and work on his team play

a mate at work watched the game last night on the TV -I had told him to watch laurent. conversation this morning- looks like a skillfull player, but his head is always down and he doesn't see obvious pass result- he creates nothing. He had never heard of Scannel and thought he was excellent

Anyone moaning about him not passing to Spencer should not be suprised as he missed the chance to put Spencer clean through last saturday vs Swindon deciding instead to go down a blind alley and lose the ball.

Its obvious he is better out on the wing. He gets in great positions but just can't put the ball in the net. Then again if he could cross or shoot he wouldn't be in this league.

I'd actually like to see Spencer & Paterson up front together with Laurent playing at the point of a 4 man diamond midfield (or even on the wing with Watt/Scannell on the other).

I'd actually like to see Spencer & Paterson up front together with Laurent playing at the point of a 4 man diamond midfield (or even on the wing with Watt/Scannell on the other).

Yep, been saying it for ages, Spencer and Pattersion up front together - 2 out and out strikers - with Laurent on the right/left with Scannell on the right. If we can have a supply line from the flanks with genuine pace and power, then surely we will score goals with two talented strikers in the middle?

Had he tried to pass and it ended up being intercepted - and let's face it, on that pitch, it could well have become come stuck between a couple of racing camels in the penalty area - he would have been criticised for not shooting at goal. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Wasn't just for the Sky cameras....he failed to play the easy ball to Spencer last week against Swindon when he and Spencer were up against 1 defender. Again, he was attacking near post and Spencer was free at the far post. Shot wasn't even good enough to find the side netting. If I were Spencer I would be a little frustrated that I only had a short contract to prove myself, but was not being given the ball to do it.

He's not selfish, he's just not very bright. There's a time and a place for trying to win the game on your own and that wasn't it. In another game, we could have done with that kind of single-mindedness.

The problem is that you don't get clever, good players at this level. You just get one or the other. Or neither in a lot of cases. At least he was trying.

If I were Spencer I would be a little frustrated that I only had a short contract to prove myself, but was not being given the ball to do it.

If I were Spencer, I'd get a lifesize cardboard cutout of myself made up & have it delivered to Laurent's house. He might then actually notice him & realise he is on the same f*cking team...

Yep, been saying it for ages, Spencer and Pattersion up front together - 2 out and out strikers - with Laurent on the right/left with Scannell on the right. If we can have a supply line from the flanks with genuine pace and power, then surely we will score goals with two talented strikers in the middle?

Totally agree. Put the 2 most hungry players and not only that. They are recognised strikers!!!

Patterson and Spencer must get a chance to form a partnership, otherwise we will be going down and fast.

He was trying to bask in glory underneath skysports cameras... it was woeful i agree.

He has made himself look worse in front of the Sky Sports cameras rather than better....means he wont be going anywhere cause everyone knows what he is really like and how he cant score for sh*t.

Back