• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is Laurent a sellfish B**stard?

He's not selfish, he's just not very bright. There's a time and a place for trying to win the game on your own and that wasn't it. In another game, we could have done with that kind of single-mindedness.

The problem is that you don't get clever, good players at this level. You just get one or the other. Or neither in a lot of cases. At least he was trying.

Thats how I see it hes not selfish just doesnt have the 'football brain'

He's not selfish, he's just not very bright. There's a time and a place for trying to win the game on your own and that wasn't it. In another game, we could have done with that kind of single-mindedness.

The problem is that you don't get clever, good players at this level. You just get one or the other. Or neither in a lot of cases. At least he was trying.

Excellent point, well made. Green for that man.

Of course he is selfish, thats pretty obvious.

We talk about the one last night, when the pass wasn't on because Col Ewe had two defenders between Laurent and Spencer, and we talk about one on Saturday but no one mentions he did the exact same thing away to Brighton and won us the game.

I love Laurent. I think he is superb, his youtube clip of his best moments would be fantastic, yet at the same time his worse moments clips would be incredibly bad. You have to take the rough with the smooth with him. Against Swindon he produced moments of magic on the ball, yet he put one over the bar from about 6 yards against Wycombe.

One week he will be the best player, and other weeks he is a liability. If that wasn't the case, he'd be in the top flight by now.

So frustrating. Watched the match last night with a Celtic fan and I told him how they were rumoured to have looked at him.

His got so much potential and if he could pass and have a final ball he'd be a championship player at the least.

The run by Spencer was very very good. His got some promise.

Had he tried to pass and it ended up being intercepted - and let's face it, on that pitch, it could well have become come stuck between a couple of racing camels in the penalty area - he would have been criticised for not shooting at goal. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Agree completely. If it's the incident I remember there were two defenders in the way and although, Spencer i think(?), was unmarked, to pass the ball across that quagmire was not the nailed on certainty of a goal that some on here assume. In normal conditions I may well have held a different opinion.
The shot, at least, IIRC, was on target.

Back