• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is my spell in the dog house fair?

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I am currently in the dog house with the Mrs. I thought I would gage the readership of the SZ public to see if this is justified or not.

Now Mrs DtS and I own a cottage in a gated development outside Brighton. We love it here altough I think we might sell up soon as we need more space for the family.

Anyway, the main drawback of the development is there is only a number of visitors parking bays. This is not generally a problem in the day as most people are at work but at night it can prove tough. Its not an issue for us as such as we have our own reserved parking bay.

The Mrs has just been over to the supermarket and come back with a load of shopping. So I collect my daughter from the Mrs whilst she brings the shopping in. No problems so far.

As I look out of the kitchen window I notice that the Mrs has parked our jeep in the visitors spot. Now there is no real need to do this as a) Our spot is closer and b) we have allocated parking.

So when she returns back I ask her why she has parked there she replies my Mum is coming over tomorrow and needs the spot. I should also add at this point there were NO cars either side of our spot so its no like its even a tricky park up which it sometimes can be.

Now I think this is unfair as the Mrs Mum wont be over until at least 10am and knowing her more than likely it will be midday. In the mean time we have got a perfectly good parking spot sitting empty whilst stopping another residents visitor from parking.

I made the Mrs move the car as she now has the camel. Mr arguement is that we would be the first to moan if one of our visitors couldnt park as someone else had nicked a spot they dont need for 18 odd hours. I also think its a matter of playing fair and doing the right thing.

My Mrs arguement appears to be its only one night and the people that normally use the visitors spot are not normally vistors anyway there are more than likely twin car cottages etc.

I am convinced I am right but as usual the Mrs cannot see anyones point of view but her own. My sexual right appear to have been put on hold indefinately at this point but I really dont think I should appologies as I think she had no point.

Who is right here?

Last edited:
You are. You allow her out of the kitchen for a few hours and she goes all bily big bananas. Radiator and handcuffs is all I'm saying.

You are correct IMO. Its YOUR PLACE so thus YOUR SPOT. If people want to come and visit, its upto them to find a spot and by 10am the parking area will be half empty as people will be at work, so there will be plenty of room for her.

Kev

Not sure if this story will help Dave but have a read:

A snow-related whimsy.

On a bitterly cold winters morning a husband and wife were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the snowploughs can get through." So the good wife went out and moved her car.

A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street, so the snowploughs can get through." The good wife went out and moved her car again.

The next week they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park...." Then the electric power went out. The good wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said, "I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the snowploughs can get through?"

Then, with the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are married exhibit, the husband replied, "Why don't you just leave the ****** car in the garage this time."

Can people remember to vote please as I plan to use this as evidence later once the mrs has stopped spitting bulletts and swearing at me......

Now Mrs DtS and I own a cottage in a gated development outside Brighton. We love it here altough I think we might sell up soon as we need more space for the family.

The Mrs has just been over to the supermarket and come back with a load of shopping. So I collect my daughter from the Mrs whilst she brings the shopping in. No problems so far.

Mate, I think YOU are absolutely right, but life's too short and she recently gave you the biggest gift you could ever hope to get. She's not being fair to the others here, but she's still just trying to do the right thing by her mum. Be the bigger man, concede and apologise. She's worth it, right? And she's already moved the car anyway! :)

Remembering that this is a football website:

Show her the hairy side of your hand and teach her a lesson. RRrrrrrrrrrrhhh!

You are 100% correct. I would get a mate your missus doesn't know to park their car in the spare spot overnight when the inlaws are due over and see the look on her face when they can't park. Horses for courses!

Mate, I think YOU are absolutely right, but life's too short and she recently gave you the biggest gift you could ever hope to get. She's not being fair to the others here, but she's still just trying to do the right thing by her mum. Be the bigger man, concede and apologise. She's worth it, right? And she's already moved the car anyway! :)

Welcome out of the closet SBH, was it dark in there?

P.S. My missus lives in a flat with a similar parking situation. I've got no problem parking in the furthest visitor bay. In fact, for some obsure reason, there is two visitor bays directly outside the door, but i usually prefer to park in the bigger visitors parking area, and the WAG always uses her spot.

Dave, remember, It's only 'domestic violence' if she makes a complaint. If she is able to make a complaint in the first place, you didn't hit her hard enough.*

*I'm joking.

DtS. Normally when you post one of these I side with your wife, but this time i'm 100% behind you. I think this is the bit that sums it up for me:

I also think its a matter of playing fair and doing the right thing.

All I can say is Dave YOU have called it on today in the spread this afternoon for a beer so I EXPECT you to be there! ;)

Trueblue,

My plans for today are as follows;

9-20-9.30 Mess about on here
9.30-12.00 Study for my pensions exam which is saturday
12-1 Lunch with the Mrs
1-2.30 more study
2.30 - leave for Southend
4pm - Meet my old man at Liv Street as not driving tonight
5.20 ish - Meet you i the Spread.

These plans may be brought forward if Pensions does not get any more exciting.

Back