• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is paying in bags of coppers pikey?

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
My last weeks in this god forsaken bank that I work for are really dragging. I am basically not allowed to see customers in case I try and poach them yet the still expect the normal hours of work. Every other financial insitute would give you gardening leave but not my money grabbing lot.

Anyway as a result of this I am killing time in anyway I can which basically means spending most of the day talking to the cashiers who are a good bunch.

What has amazed me is the amount of people that come in and pay in back of 1p's & 2p's. We will only take five full bags maximum anyway as we dont have the storage space to keep them over night but I do think - come on mate is life that hard.

Personally I keep my change in my wallett and I use it. The idea of counting out 100 shiney 1p's and degrading myself by asking the spotty oik on the counter to pay £1 into my account is horrific.

The ultimate humiliation happened today when a customer brought about twenty pounds worth of mixed change into the branch in a Lidl's carrier which split half way to the counter sending copper in all directions. He then asked the staff to help him pick them up before exploting our 5 bags rule by not only mixing bads (a big no no) and then paying 5 bags in for him, 5 for his wife and 4 for his daugher. A massive £14 saved there - what a hero.

Dont get me wrong I do know there is a credit crunch on and every penny counts but if your doing to do it then at least collect a load and use that bloody machine all the supermarkets have that you tip the money in an it counts it for you. Yes I know it charges 7% but that 7% more dignity in tact in my book.

So am I alone or is this one of the most degrading acts a human can do?

(Please note this comment does not apply to kids accounts as I fully accept its a good way to get kids saving plus its fun for them).