• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is promotion still possible ...

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
just wondering - as however inept our performances are I must say the League one teams I have seen are absolute ****e and we do seem to possibley have the quality to do ok amongst this pile of hoofers

.....BUT have we dropped too many points and started the season in too much dissarray (being polite about a bunch of professional footballers who thrown three games away in the last 5 minutes) with players coming and going etc. to be able to out of this division..

Of course it's still possible, we are only four games in! So far our league record is not great but if you include cups we have won as many as we have lost so far - we were always likely to suffer a hangover after the way we ended last season.

if we won yesterday we would have been about 8th i believe its early days and anyone can win promotion at this stage

we can still win promotion. but i think leeds will finish top and we will get a play-off spot.

wouldn't be the end of the world. i would love to go to wembley.

Sunderland were bottom of the Championship in September last season, look were they are now. Derby were in bottom 5 till about Nov if my memory serves. IMO once Tilly has got his new players settled in. We will go from strength to strength. All this doom gloom and have a go at every player in the team is ridiculous. Someone started on Sir Adam on 1 thread. AS for The abuse Kevin Maher has got on here the last 24 hrs by a couple of people. Wot do they want Steven Gerrard. They forget that we were on the brink of going out of the league B4 Tilly waved his magic wand. I don't think they were in the ground that wet Tuesday in November when just over 2000 of us watched a wretched game against Notts County. We have played 4 games for goodness sake.

Of course it is. I doubt it'll happen, but it's still possible and the team should still be aiming towards it.

Four games in, please!! Have a word.....The end is nigh....sack everyone.....including the bloke who installed the hand driers in the West Stand loos, they are shockingly poor.....

And if you havent guessed, anything is possible....

Top spot has 10 points and we are near the bottom with 3......enough said.

This is a post for January me thinks.....or am I once again out on limb here?

Blimey have you got hand driers in your loo! have to complain about that

Blimey have you got hand driers in your loo! have to complain about that

I do apologise TB. I hope I have not caused any offence by suggesting that the west stand is in some way posh by having hand driers in the loos.

I am just glad I did not mention the neat fluffy towels, choice of nice aftershave and liquid soap then.

Oh ****, sorry....:thump:

100% we can get promotion. Forest, Leeds and ourselves are up there as promotion favorites and we have had a ****e start, Forest have a had a ****e start and leeds are still in the minuses. Will we get promotion? I'm not sure, i don't think so, but it's definately a possibility still.

When do we ever have great starts to the season? let's be honest here. Of course we can do it. I have no doubt in my mind that we have the players here top form a squad that can match any in this division on ability.. What's letting us down is Tilly, and let's face it, he's still learning, making tactical errors, substitutional errors and selection errors. He's being a bit naive and needs to learn quickly about tactical decisions etc. But he can do that. He will learn. He's so young in manager's terms. I really feel that we are a few tweaks away from going on a run and moving straight into contention right at the top. But it really will take those tweaks. A squad with great ability for this division doesn't mean they'll win it and it needs good selection and tactical direction!

4 games in, everything is up for grabs. Cant quite get what all the fuss is about. We have not had the best of starts but then those who have are getting the "yeah but you wont be there at xmas" lark.

I am still hopeful and I have not seen anything so far to suggest we are relegation fodder. We are better than that.

Give the team a break......all this negativity will not get the effect many are after at this stage of the season, so lets get real eh....

We only gonna climb the table when Tilly sortd the defence out, we are only four games in and need to be paient at the mo, Tilly needs to make some changes IMO dropping one of the centre backs and adding some height, maybe then we will be a bit better at set pieces.

If we win on Saturday we would have more points after 5 games than in the Championship winning season, so not not only is promotion still possible but also the title !

If you think this season's start is shocking have you looked back at 20004/05?! So we gotpromotion that year, so we can still do it this year! Although we did find a Mr Eastwood that year!

[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]0-2[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Cheltenham [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]07-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Lincoln [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]1-1[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]10-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Rochdale[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]2-0[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]14-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]0-0[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Cambridge[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 21-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Bristol R [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]2-1[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]27-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]2-1[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Macclesfield [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]30-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Rushden[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]1-4[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 04-09-2004 [/FONT]

Last edited:
If you think this season's start is shocking have you looked back at 20004/05?! So we gotpromotion that year, so we can still do it this year! Although we did find a Mr Eastwood that year!

[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]0-2[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Cheltenham [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]07-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Lincoln [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]1-1[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]10-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Rochdale[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]2-0[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]14-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]0-0[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Cambridge[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 21-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Bristol R [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]2-1[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]27-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]2-1[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Macclesfield [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]30-08-2004 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Football League Two[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Rushden[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]1-4[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Southend[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 04-09-2004 [/FONT]

Hmmmm... 8 points from 7 games. Now as we only have 3 points from 4 games if we can actually end up with at least 8 points from 7 games this season that will be an improvement!!!

Nail on the head time....Our season picked up when Freddie arrived. That aint gonna happen this year, so who will be our saviour, cos I can't see it being any of the current squad.

Freddie was an amazing find who totally ruled our 2 promotion seasons.

We can't get promoted defending as we did against Brighton. It's throwing away the lead twice that worries me more than the number of points we have.

as already mentioned Sunderland won the league with a worse start and i was at York the year they beat us to win 4 from 4 and then got relegated to the conference, far too early to say where we'll finish but imho i think we'll be up there, play offs at worst.

Back