• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is relegation a fair price to pay for having a new stadium?

TBH I don't think that SUFC have diverted funds from the team to the stadium

RM may have spent money on the stadium, but there is no evidence what so ever that he would have put this towards the team had the stadium not been planned, in fact if the Stadium was not planned I doubt if RM would be here at all.

Money has been needed to be pumped into the football club for many many years now, Vic couldn't do it (he borrowed it hence the debts in the mid 90's which nessecitated the sale of the ground/B&L to clear them) and RM has only been able do do so by using the future income the development promised. The delays in the development meant delays in the income and he is now unable to put any further money into the football team until things start moving on the development.
I hear that, but looking at the whole situation as a realist I hope and pray with all my heart that RM does not let us down, or we later discover that vital funds have been used for the wrong purposes. I cannot help being sceptical about the issue but would be delighted to be proved wrong. I love my club with a passion and just want what's best.

I hear that, but looking at the whole situation as a realist I hope and pray with all my heart that RM does not let us down, or we later discover that vital funds have been used for the wrong purposes. I cannot help being sceptical about the issue but would be delighted to be proved wrong. I love my club with a passion and just want what's best.

I have also loved our club with a passion, for more years than the number of posts you have made! I assume that we all pray that Ron Martin will see us through to the Promised Land. I would even become a believer and make the trip along the road from Saint Gaudens to Lourdes, if it would help!
I am no financial wizzard but as I see it, at the moment, our vital funds are not sufficient to keep the club running on an even keel.................let alone permit investment. As a realist I understand that Ron Martin is not foremost a philanthropist and that if we achieve success, it will be on his coat-tails. When the stadium soon gets the go ahead, it is then that the main debate will turn to what money streams are going to be available for SUFC and on what conditions we are going to live in our new home. It's at that time we shall find out whether Ron Martin loves our club as much as we evidently do.
Will it all turn out for the best???? .........God knows! All I know is that,
at the moment, Ron Martin is the only hope and only choice we have......
...............what else can we do but believe?

I have also loved our club with a passion, for more years than the number of posts you have made! I assume that we all pray that Ron Martin will see us through to the Promised Land. I would even become a believer and make the trip along the road from Saint Gaudens to Lourdes, if it would help!
I am no financial wizzard but as I see it, at the moment, our vital funds are not sufficient to keep the club running on an even keel.................let alone permit investment. As a realist I understand that Ron Martin is not foremost a philanthropist and that if we achieve success, it will be on his coat-tails. When the stadium soon gets the go ahead, it is then that the main debate will turn to what money streams are going to be available for SUFC and on what conditions we are going to live in our new home. It's at that time we shall find out whether Ron Martin loves our club as much as we evidently do.
Will it all turn out for the best???? .........God knows! All I know is that,
at the moment, Ron Martin is the only hope and only choice we have......
...............what else can we do but believe?
I don't normally post on here unless I have something to say and I apologise for having posted less times than your years of support but I was under the impression that anyone could express an opinion on here and it was unimportant as to the number of previous posts? Clearly this is not the case(sadly). We are both talking conjecture here anyway so why don't we kiss and make up and wait for the outcome of events?

I don't normally post on here unless I have something to say and I apologise for having posted less times than your years of support but I was under the impression that anyone could express an opinion on here and it was unimportant as to the number of previous posts? Clearly this is not the case(sadly). We are both talking conjecture here anyway so why don't we kiss and make up and wait for the outcome of events?

You are absolutely correct it doesn't matter what your post count is, if you have a point of view, or an opinion share it. Having said that, I am sure the post made by Yogi was tongue in cheek and not meant to cause offence, and thanks for offering the olive branch to kiss and make up.

Ouch!.........Didn't even enter into my mind that by stating my number of years over your number of posts, I was inferring that my opinion was more valid than yours. See how easy it is to offend people, Honestly, there was no offence intended and I'm sorry if there was any taken.

Ouch!.........Didn't even enter into my mind that by stating my number of years over your number of posts, I was inferring that my opinion was more valid than yours. See how easy it is to offend people, Honestly, there was no offence intended and I'm sorry if there was any taken.
Hi, Me again! No problem, I think we are both silver backs as I have 52 years of suffering (sorry-watching) our team under my belt too. We are all very upset by the happenings this year and a little frayed methinks. Let's hope for better times to come in whatever form they take. UTB

Back