• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Now Bentley has gone and Payne Worrall .Bolger and a few others Plus the loan players Barnett and the Brighton lad whos name escapes me .And we have only brought in 2 players .1 defender and a wide man .1 Who can you see scoring the goals sure not of side Moonie And a youngster with no first team no how .Unless players start coming in rather quickly.This season maybe pretty tough . And I know the season hasn't kick off yet but our team seem,s weaker than last term .

Now Bentley has gone and Payne Worrall .Bolger and a few others Plus the loan players Barnett and the Brighton lad whos name escapes me .And we have only brought in 2 players .1 defender and a wide man .1 Who can you see scoring the goals sure not of side Moonie And a youngster with no first team no how .Unless players start coming in rather quickly.This season maybe pretty tough . And I know the season hasn't kick off yet but our team seem,s weaker than last term .
Isn't this fear every year? We are a selling club and for some a stepping stone, players come and go , have done for years , but we have to wait until contracts are completed then we can do business... I'm sure browny Martin and all are trying to get the players we need but at a cost... There's a lot of players out of work as squads shrink, we just have to work out the shape of the jigsaw... After all we are not fashionable club, never have been so it will be difficult to attract players ... It goes to make supporting Southend all the more interesting...

Just copy and paste this question for the next 20 seasons im sure its the same post that has come up for the previous ten years. We will get more than enough players in........fact

Wait until the start of the season, if we haven't signed anymore players (highly doubt it) then yes relegation a real fear. But Brown might pull 3 or 4 decent signings out of the bag and there will be a different feel around the place.

I'm not so worried about the transfer situation but the team spirit. It was totally eroded last year when Brown was fluttering his eyelashes at Bolton and that was made clear by the last five games. I said at the time that his position was untenable but he's still here and I have no idea how he's going to pull it back.

Nah. Looks a tougher division this year, but the Wombles, Swindon, Cheaterfield and Oldham are all going to be absolute s***.

If we go into the first game of the season with as many right backs as we have strikers and goalkeepers put together, like we do now, then yes.

Things look bleak now but I'm sure we'll bring in some decent players. My biggest concern is the striker situation, particularly given Brown's record of the strikers he's signed here.

What with the current squad, Ron's war chest still missing & if the attitude towards Brown from the players continues, that was evident at the end of last season...then YES relegation is a massive concern.......

Brown wanted to get his business done early & get the squad settled......as usual it aint happened....we kick off pre season next week at Wakering, just about fielding a half decent 11

As has been said above, all depends who we get in, but i must say we will struggle to get in the quality that has left and we still only finished halfway up the table.

*Bangs head on desk*

Not saying your view isn't valid but isn't this all a bit.......premature. Lets not get all depressed 5 weeks before a balls even been kicked.

It's the summer not that you'd know it, but even so, go outside for some fresh air in between the rain storms and live a little :smile:.

My only fear is that, by winning our first 25 games of the season, we'll become a target for all the mug teams below us

Flump dat shizzle, we're going to storm this league and have it wrapped up by February.

Looks a bit ominous to me. I have big fears for this season regardless of a few more signings. Lost all faith in the manager I'm afraid after last seasons debacle of a finish.

We sign :

Commanding centre half or two

Two more wingers

Two strikers

+ Moussa

And ill be less worried

Relegation is a real fear to any professional football team which finds itself in a relegation place in a division. This is caused by losing a lot of games during a season. I have not heard of a real fear of relegation before a season has started, nor before a manager has finished recruiting new players. First time for everything I guess, we shall see.

Back