• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Sleeping with a friend acceptable?

EastStandBlue

Life President
This past week has been our University "RAG Week"... Basically Raise And Give Week, where all the sports team organise events to raise money for charity, culminating in a Uni organised Bar Crawl and a big night out in one of the local clubs.

I was out with a few of the lads from my house and, looking like being single on valentines day for the first time in a good few years, was on the pull so to speak.

Except I got roped into a pretty heavy drinking session with us from the house and the other lads which make up our sunday league side, equating to me being incredibly drunk come 11:30. That aside, When we finally made it to the club, I ran into a friend of mine I haven't spoken to in a few months. Now, I've always thought she was pretty good looking... Petite blonde with an impressive rack for her size.

Cutting a very, very long story short with the back story: I used to see her mate, She used to see mine in our first year and were both royally screwed over.

We went to the bar and, after a few shots, ended up on the dancefloor. Next thing I know, I'm fumbling around in my pocket for my keys so I can get into my house and do the dirty with this girl.

Now, I feel no guilt whatsoever towards her mate. She screwed me over on a scale so big it'd make Tes Bramble's head look small. f*ck her. Luckily on my part, my mate has shot off home to be with his girlfriend on valentines day so he, as of yet, doesn't know but probably wouldn't care.

This morning however was slightly strange. She woke me up with a cup of tea (Where she found clean cups I don't know) which, for a one night stand, was awesome. We joked about a bit, she got dressed, left and I fell back asleep. It was like were a couple, but we're not at all. Very odd, and I put this down to how we're actually quite good mates aside from last nights antics.

Ladies and Gentleman of SZ, Is this acceptable? Should I feel weirded out by sleeping with a friend of mine so casually? Should I feel huge pangs of guilt about sleeping with my flatmates ex-girlfriend?

No guilt attached I would say, she's obviously not embarrassed and as long as you don't find your friendship compromised the next time you see each other, I'd take this as a case of you both getting what you wanted at that moment in time and move on.

Nope, and I wouldnt have any guilt even if she was still his girlfriend

Been in the same position. Many, many years ago I slept with a girl who had been nothing more than a friend for several years and like you, the morning was strange. I hoped that a good friendship would be the basis for a good sexual relationship, it was just the opposite and she became distant and eventually tied up with another bloke outside our circle of friends and we hardly saw each other anymore.

No guilt attached I would say, she's obviously not embarrassed and as long as you don't find your friendship compromised the next time you see each other, I'd take this as a case of you both getting what you wanted at that moment in time and move on.

My view too. I wouldn't done it sober unless we had talked about sober & it was ok then!

Looks like you raised more than just money for charity.. I think its acceptable, seems as though you were made for each other, she was seeing your mate and you were seeing hers.. Its like something out of a film :D Cracking story!

acceptable? If she's got a decent rack then surely it's obligatory?

I think we need to look here at what truly makes a Platonic relationship.

Unless I'm mistaken, a platonic relationship is so named as it was an idea first suggested by Plato in his work, "The republic". As I recall it amounted to the idea that all men and women should just be friends, with no relationships or partners. However, he was fully aware that sex was a requirement, and was of the opinion that these friends should feel free to have sex with eachother with no ties, no emotional grief, and no relationships. Just two people doing what two people often do.

So, why feel guilty? You're both friends, and you're both in a Platonic relationship. No probenms there with anyone i'd say ;)

Back