• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is straightening your hair too gay for a straight man?

EastStandBlue

Life President
People of the Zone, solve this debate...

When my hair gets slightly too long it gets unmanageable, I've got ridiculously thick hair that no matter how short it gets cut, it fully regrows into "unkept mop" in a matter of weeks, So I took to straightening it before I styled it.

This morning, I've been ripped for this whereas I deem it fine and not too feminite, providing im not doing it every day, which I don't, and I'm not sporting long flowing locks, which i'm not...

So I put it to the Zone, Am I really a raving homosexual with really straight hair, or just a regular 20-something Male these days? Disregard the fact I live near Brighton completely...

I wouldn't say you were a raving homosexual as there are plenty of straight men that do use straightners on their hair. However I do think it is a bit poncy but not really a lot wrong with a man that looks after himself.

don't see much wrong with it. i tried it once and looked like a right tw*t!

Is taking straighteners on a football club tour acceptable?!

Like the original poster I have fairly unruly hair, which has not been cut for a few months, therefore find that a bit of straightening does the trick....

When my hair gets to a certain length it gets ridiculously curly so I have occasionally straightened it when it got a bit too curly for my liking, wouldnt do it all the time though.

i think the key is who does the straightening . my hair has got quite long so when i play a gig, rather than looking like a tramp or a scarecrow,i get the mrs to do it.

Someone I lived with in Cheltenham, her b/f's hair usually looks like a poodles hair, and he confessed one night that he straightens it. He's a bit of a toff and could come across as gay. I personally didnt like him or the bird I was living with, so they really made a good couple.

Men really should not straighten their hair, cos it isnt really a manly thing to do is it?

Its wrong. There is no way a bloke should straighten his hair. Put some product in there, if it gets too curly at a certain length get a ****ing hair cut!

Back