• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, if it is true that we are obliged the play Coulthirst, every game, you have got to be a pretty special player to be accepted by your teams mates that you keep out of the starting line up........and it that is the problem, he isn't.

You can say that again,he's absolutely crap and adds nothing to the team,he should have been the first player subbed not Payne.Send him back to Spurs and play our own more hungry players.:thumbdown:

Could you add 3 year contracts to that? Do they reduce the hunger? You would have thought they would give the confidence to learn and play?. We dont know exactly what the Coulthirst contract is. But as many have said selection should only be on genuine merit, even if it costs us with Spurs if that contract exists in that format

I'm literally losing the plot with all the Coulthirst criticism. He's proven he can score goals at Spurs, Orient, Torquay and England u-19's, but he comes to us and turns into a donkey? No!

I could've counted on one hand (maybe even on no hands) how many decent chances we created for Shaq today. How you expect anyone to score without any decent service is beyond me. The dreadful Atkinson cross on the break sent him over the edge and you could see his frustration with how he reacted. He looked seriously ****ed off when he was subbed and I felt for him. He's taking a hell of a lot of flack when he's being let down by his team mates.

Maybe if Phil Brown stops playing him on the wing and actually sets the team up to provide him with service, he'll be more dangerous. Anyone with any decent understanding of football can see there's a player in there, but a striker without service is like a car without petrol. It's not gonna do **** all!

I guarantee you Shaq will be one of the players who doesn't do it for us and then joins someone else on loan and scores a hatfull. Sad truth is, that will be OUR fault and not his.

I'm literally losing the plot with all the Coulthirst criticism. He's proven he can score goals at Spurs, Orient, Torquay and England u-19's, but he comes to us and turns into a donkey? No!

I could've counted on one hand (maybe even on no hands) how many decent chances we created for Shaq today. How you expect anyone to score without any decent service is beyond me. The dreadful Atkinson cross on the break sent him over the edge and you could see his frustration with how he reacted. He looked seriously ****ed off when he was subbed and I felt for him. He's taking a hell of a lot of flack when he's being let down by his team mates.

Maybe if Phil Brown stops playing him on the wing and actually sets the team up to provide him with service, he'll be more dangerous. Anyone with any decent understanding of football can see there's a player in there, but a striker without service is like a car without petrol. It's not gonna do **** all!

I guarantee you Shaq will be one of the players who doesn't do it for us and then joins someone else on loan and scores a hatfull. Sad truth is, that will be OUR fault and not his.

Shaq had a couple of chances but lacks composure, as does Weston

Had to copy my comments from another post here as I have no idea what value he adds to the team:

Thought shaq was pants. Did he contribute anything at all today? Never ever challenges for the ball especially on the air. Seems afraid he's going to get hurt or he can't be ar*ed!!

I don't think so, Shaq will come good for us, he need our support even more, we forget that he is a young player with potential and it's up to us to help him to get back firing by telling him to keep his head up and keep trying on the pitch and it's will come.

Coulthirst has now played 8 games and 0 goals,Could understand if he was our player under contract but he is not.

Whoever agreed to this deal are off their head.

Had to copy my comments from another post here as I have no idea what value he adds to the team:

Thought shaq was pants. Did he contribute anything at all today? Never ever challenges for the ball especially on the air. Seems afraid he's going to get hurt or he can't be ar*ed!!

Very true MR G, let's criticise our 5ft 7in striker for not challenging in the air against 6ft+ centre backs. More fool us for playing high balls into him.

Very true MR G, let's criticise our 5ft 7in striker for not challenging in the air against 6ft+ centre backs. More fool us for playing high balls into him.

He's nearly 5ft 10 and a pro footballer. He should challenge for everything

and a pro footballer at a premiership club. I don't see it myself. The lad is so easily knocked off the ball, lacks control of the ball and lacks composure in front of goal. If this is true re the contract someone has made a huge error as this lad doesn't look the answer.

and a pro footballer at a premiership club. I don't see it myself. The lad is so easily knocked off the ball, lacks control of the ball and lacks composure in front of goal. If this is true re the contract someone has made a huge error as this lad doesn't look the answer.

Exactly my point

He most certainly isn't 5ft 10. You can't replace a 6ft 3 striker upfront on his own with a 5ft 7 striker up front on his own and play the same long ball tactics. It won't, and didn't work.

He most certainly isn't 5ft 10. You can't replace a 6ft 3 striker upfront on his own with a 5ft 7 striker up front on his own and play the same long ball tactics. It won't, and didn't work.

Yes he is. He's 1.76m tall which equates to 5ft 9 and one quarter in bare feet. Add the boots, easily 5ft 10

Yes he is. He's 1.76m tall which equates to 5ft 9 and one quarter in bare feet. Add the boots, easily 5ft 10

Apologies, you are right. But I still stand by my point that we didn't adopt any different tactic despite Corr not being in the team, and it didn't play to Coulthirst's strengths.

Out of interest, can you explain to me why he's scored 19 goals in 29 appearances for Spurs under-18's and under-21's, 1 goal in 2 appearances for England under-19's, a goal in a game at Orient, 2 in 4 appearances at Torquay, but hasn't found the net once with us in 8 games?

Has he forgotten how to play football overnight? Or are we surely to blame for the fact he's scored everywhere else but here?

Apologies, you are right. But I still stand by my point that we didn't adopt any different tactic despite Corr not being in the team, and it didn't play to Coulthirst's strengths.

Out of interest, can you explain to me why he's scored 19 goals in 29 appearances for Spurs under-18's and under-21's, 1 goal in 2 appearances for England under-19's, a goal in a game at Orient, 2 in 4 appearances at Torquay, but hasn't found the net once with us in 8 games?

Has he forgotten how to play football overnight? Or are we surely to blame for the fact he's scored everywhere else but here?

Well he can't blame us, he has had plenty of chances to score yet either makes a mess of it or Comes up against a decent keeper .

No, we played tactics that would have been more suited to Corr throughout the first half and yet still Coulthirst and Payne both managed to make their presence felt. Coulthirst did ok today....now if you'd had a go about Weston then I might have agreed!

Think we've gone off at a tangent here, the question was is his permanent inclusion harming team spirit ?- I sensed Corr's high ten when he replaced him was certainly less than half-hearted.

No, we played tactics that would have been more suited to Corr throughout the first half and yet still Coulthirst and Payne both managed to make their presence felt. Coulthirst did ok today....now if you'd had a go about Weston then I might have agreed!

Not having a go at Coulthirst, sticking up for him!

Was watching Gillette SS and Paul Dickov and another guy were talking about loan players and They both agree the parent club can demand anything they want including their player must play every game or penalties will occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back