• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is there a bigger scumbag in the world than Mick Philpott?

He's also admitted to buying drugs. But the worst thing for me is that he's admitted to not having had a bath or shower for 12 weeks up to the fire.

I mean, who am I to judge? If him and his wife want to smoke pot them let them. If they want to have a threesome with a friend then also let them, but at least have a bath/shower afterwards, if not before.

Worse than starting the fire? You don't mean that, right?

To be fair to George Osborne, and i'm not usually, I understand he was asked a direct question by a journalist about whether he agreed that the state should not be funding the kind of lifestyle lead by Mick Philpott had and he basicallly agreed with that.

In reply to MK's original question: no, no there isn't. I'm not an advocate of prison justice, but I hope he is perpetually and brutally bummed for his whole sentence before being ritually disemboweled with a butter knife.

Mr Osborne made his comments during a visit to the Philpotts’ home city of Derby, where he was asked if the couple were a product of the benefits system.

This is the point we are debating not the IDS question there is another thread for that,one which you have posted in.
****pott killed 6 children in an attempt to get more benifit money and therefore in my humble opinion is worse then a scumbag and beyond politics or political point scoring,pure self centered evil.

Mr Osborne made his comments during a visit to the Philpotts’ home city of Derby, where he was asked if the couple were a product of the benefits system.

This is the point we are debating not the IDS question there is another thread for that,one which you have posted in.
****pott killed 6 children in an attempt to get more benifit money and therefore in my humble opinion is worse then a scumbag and beyond politics or political point scoring,pure self centered evil.

I would expect the Chancellor to be more worried about kickstarting Britain's ailing economy rather than taking advantage of a journalist's question to make a cheap shot about welfare claimants,which is hardly his departmental brief.

My point about IDS is still valid however-in my opinion at least-in that Osborne was also asked a direct qiuestion about the IDS issue and answered it by saying that he preferred not to generalise from individual cases.So what's changed in 48 hours then?

Let's face it,the Tories are happy to grab any excuse this week not to talk about their tax kickbacks for millionaires,which came into effect at the beginning of the month,

I completely disagree with the above Barna. No politician that makes into the HoC is stupid enough to use this kind of case as a smokescreen for their policies. The reason that the Chancellor was asked the question about Philpott is because he was on a visit highlighting, what he believes, he is doing to help the economy and therefore obviously showing his concern for the state of the economy. I am not going pass comment on that itself because it's irrelevant.

He was asked an off the cuff question, he said 'yes'.

To answer the question yes of course there are bigger scumbags that Phillpot in the world, he's pretty high up on the list though!

Let's face it,the Tories are happy to grab any excuse this week not to talk about their tax kickbacks for millionaires,which came into effect at the beginning of the month,

Do you read the morning Labour party brief before posting?

For a start, it didn't come into effect at the start of the month (the tax year begins on the 6th). Secondly, the additional rate of income tax was cut. In order to pay income tax you have to have an income. Millionaires do not necessarily have an income, and if they do it may well be less than the £150,000 to pay the additional rate of tax.

There are a lot of millionaires out there when you include pension pot and savings who have incomes substantially less than £150k.

On the substance of the issue, it is easier to dance round the real issue by talking about what someone or a newspaper has said. Isn't the basic point here that for those on long term welfare there is a serious incentive to have as many children as possible? It is the only way to increase disposable income and to get a bigger house without going to get a job.

I've been trying to find some stats on the average number of children by income decile but I can't find it. I'd be interested to know if anyone has seen it.

Personally I think it is both unfair and wrong headed to take money from middle earners, who often can't afford to have a child, and give it to long-term welfare claimants as an incentive to have more children.

Child benefit should be capped at 3 or 4 children AND means tested. That way it would stop scum like him from living the life he did. The whole episode is a sorry, sordid affair, and his mistress, by all accounts, has had a lucky escape.

I would expect the Chancellor to be more worried about kickstarting Britain's ailing economy rather than taking advantage of a journalist's question to make a cheap shot about welfare claimants,which is hardly his departmental brief.

My point about IDS is still valid however-in my opinion at least-in that Osborne was also asked a direct qiuestion about the IDS issue and answered it by saying that he preferred not to generalise from individual cases.So what's changed in 48 hours then?

This thread is about a sick vile man that killed 6 count them that 1 2 3 4 5 6 innocent children not about your hatred of the torys.

In reply to MK's original question: no, no there isn't. I'm not an advocate of prison justice, but I hope he is perpetually and brutally bummed for his whole sentence before being ritually disemboweled with a butter knife.

You really do talk **** sometimes. Why would you use a butter knife? It's too sharp.

I know a lot of the lefties on this site have argued against the death penatly before but has there even been a more clear cut case of someone deserving it ever.

Back