• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is there anywhere we can check to see if HMRC have now been paid?

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
Don't really have the knowledge on this, had a little look online, but couldn't see anything.

Simple answer is 'no'.

That is commercially sensitive information that only HMRC and the relevant enitity (SUFC Ltd, I assume in this case) will have access to.

Simple answer is 'no'.

That is commercially sensitive information that only HMRC and the relevant enitity (SUFC Ltd, I assume in this case) will have access to.

Fair dos. Thought as much but thanks for clarifying.

Even we pay should this coronavirus bite in the UK it might the blow we (and many other clubs) will not be able to survive.

No - normally Ron mentions it casually on Talk Radio as if it were a mere trifle (if its not from the club then we have to wait for the Beak to say case dismissed for 1,211th time).. I guess another way is when one the three players appears in a match day squad.

Coronavirus seems very serious. Best solution to me would be to cancel this season, null and void it and start again in August.

I don't think the 600,000 is all for the taxman. Ron never actually said who it is owed to, only that HMRC were the ones who had us embargoed.

My suspicion is that due to HMRC pressuring the EFL, the EFL have asked Ron to prove he has sufficient funds (£600,000) to cover all player wages and tax bills until the end of the season, hence why he says he has to invest 600,000, not that he owes it.

I think he's been asked for proof of funds upfront.

Coronavirus seems very serious. Best solution to me would be to cancel this season, null and void it and start again in August.

Totally agree.
The potential effect has clearly weighed heavily on many of our players , some like Kiernan even fleeing the country in fear.
Being a coastal town , closer to China than most clubs in England has only added to the unfair disadvantage we’ve faced.

Nice idea but what if the league said with the same squads and manger you have now.

How do you think season tickets sales would go.

I don't think the 600,000 is all for the taxman. Ron never actually said who it is owed to, only that HMRC were the ones who had us embargoed.

My suspicion is that due to HMRC pressuring the EFL, the EFL have asked Ron to prove he has sufficient funds (£600,000) to cover all player wages and tax bills until the end of the season, hence why he says he has to invest 600,000, not that he owes it.

I think he's been asked for proof of funds upfront.
If you think £600,000 is going to cover wages AND tax bills to the end of the season, I fear you are sadly mistaken.

the RM lovers are always claiming he's 'pumping millions in' so surely 600k is mere loose change for a man of his means... or maybe all the other pots are empty too... expect to see a JCB on Fossets any day, digging for the war chest!

the RM lovers realists are always claiming he's 'pumping millions in' so surely 600k is mere loose change for a man of his means... or maybe all the other pots are empty too... expect to see a JCB on Fossets any day, digging for the war chest!

Edited for accuracy...:-)

Why worry. Ron does whatever he wants and there is no action from fans. He must be laughing. He wouldn't get away with this at any other club!

If you think £600,000 is going to cover wages AND tax bills to the end of the season, I fear you are sadly mistaken.

I do think the underlying sentiment is probably correct in that the £600k probably includes some sort of advance payment maybe for the next quarterly VAT bill or something. HMRC are very much into advance payments these days, particularly if you have a history of paying late..

Back