• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

r16sby

Schoolboy
Anonymous Div2 manager starts petition for matches to be reduced to 80 minutes. The manager who is believed to be Scottish revealed that he currently has two signatures and is looking for more. Sources reveal the second signature to be from a club in the same division and located south of London.

The manager added that by cutting the last 10 minutes it would remove the temptation to try to defend and hold out for the win (or draw) .

This has Steve Evans written all over it he loves just getting in the media spotlight. Failing that Id go for Mark McGhee I cant see this being PS but you never know

I wonder if this is the same manager who was campaigning for a 2 goal ceiling to be put on all Division 2 matches a while ago? First team to score 2 goals wins.

The manager added that by cutting the last 10 minutes it would remove the temptation to try to defend and hold out for the win (or draw) .

I don't see how it would make any difference, they could still waste time exactly as now, just in a a shorter game...The bloke is a fruitcake.

Anonymous Div2 manager starts petition for matches to be reduced to 80 minutes. The manager who is believed to be Scottish revealed that he currently has two signatures and is looking for more. Sources reveal the second signature to be from a club in the same division and located south of London.

:net:

Looks as though you've already landed several whoppers this morning...

The length of a game has no bearing on time wasting. The powers that be changed the win points from 2 to 3 to try and make football more exciting. That failed also. If people only want to watch the attacking aspects of football instead of appreciating the game as a whole then extra points would need to be awarded for winning margins i.e win by three and get an extra point. Failing that a dramatic change in the offside rule i.e. Instead of being offside from the halfway line an offside line would be in the middle of each defending teams half. This would take play further forward and not negate the other aspects of the purists game such as defence.

Back