• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is this woman a racist?

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Shadow Health Minister Diane Abbott has apologised for comments she made on the Twitter social networking site, amid claims they were racist.
She wrote: ''White people love playing 'divide & rule' We should not play their game'' in response to criticism of the term "black community leaders".
Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi had called for her to be sacked for "inciting hatred against white people".

Should be forced to resign.

However another Conservative MP, Robert Halfon disagreed.

He tweeted: "The right should know better than to get all PC re @HackneyAbbott - disagree strongly, but let voters decide. Freedom of speech & all that."

You forgot this bit...

No but this woman is:

[video=youtube;fd8iYLvlQaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd8iYLvlQaM[/video]

Vile racist filth.

Only a white person can call another white person white.

I bet she tries to wriggle out of this by claiming some of her best friends are white.

Abbott is a hypocrite, against private schools for the masses yet sends her son to a private school. She's an advert for not voting Labour.

Agreed - hypocrite of the first order. If someone else, who happened to be white, said something similar she would be all over that statement like a rash.

I think the statement is more misjudged than overly racist.

Her comments can be considered racist as they certainly would be if a white person had uttered them. As to her resigning or being forced to resign it wont happen so long as I have a hole in my arse. She isn't Tory remember.

She also made a comment about white nurses not being recruited in her area because they wouldnt understand a black person. You get me?

sw50sw8sw578.gif

I have not worked out if she was trying to defend the term "Black Community leaders" after criticism of it.

To me, ''White people love playing 'divide & rule' We should not play their game'' would be a viable, if a tad ill thought , response to someone using the phrase "Black Community" if you were against that sort of labelling.
But it would appear that she was using it to support the term, which does not mean she is racist, moreover just plain bloody stupid if she can't see that differentiating between Black and White communities is dividing and is therefore "playing their game" in the first place.

I thought she was Alison off the first ever series of Big Brother until recently.

Is that racist (and fattist?)

I think her comments are as racist as all the other petty comments thatget thrown out of proportion, yes she has said something only she will know howshe actually feels and if she does have racist views?... I think the realproblem here is how we hang everyone for some off the cuff comments. Whateverhappened to live and let live for goodness sake? Like one of the Blue MP’s saidlet her get on with it, and let the voters decide. Her values do confuse methough, she hates private education but sends her own son to a private school??But hey ho, that’s those double crossing reds for you!! Anyway Politics that’sa whole different subject

Having met Diane a few times over the years I can safely say she is a nice lady - not like some other politicians I could name

Back