• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Tilson the best manager SUFC has ever had ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
I wonder - even given a negative outcome to this season - how his record compares ?

Has to be. Saves us from relegation to the conference, 2 promotions, 2 LDV finals, first ever wins at Bradford City and Birmingham, keeping us up this year (fingers crossed, touch wood etc not tempting fate at all). I'm sure Mike Xavia will do a comparison using Dave Goody's formula. He may just be behind Webby, but remeber - how many times did Webby walk out on us? Oh and we play decent football as well.

I wonder - even given a negative outcome to this season - how his record compares ?

Overall after 35 years of watching i would have to say Yes .David Webb was very good ..He got us into the then div 1..and we were top once (sigh).but football has developed so much more since those days .. The team of then would not be a patch on the team of today ..Different eras of course....but there is much more Skill and technology today. I loved all these past 35 years but as an opiion overall Tilly is the best .( i have to admit with Ron not Jobson he has a better chairman to)

True, very true. Ron must go down as our best ever chairman.

Without a doubt.But the way we play today compared with how we used to is streets apart..Ron has done Miracles for this club .and i doubt its as self centered as Jobson getting planning permission for the flats on the old West bank and owning them himself...I hope and think of course Ron will benefit from our move and the old redevelopment of Roots Hall.....But he is moving us forward not ( stealing the crown jewels) .

It still think (the statto's will be able to confirm) that statistically Tilly is not the most successfull manager (as in points per game ratio) and in all honesty I doubt whether he will ever get that accolade.

If we stay up he will be a close second to DW imho, if he keeps us in this div next season as well , he will be the most succesful as no manager has kept us in the 2nd tier for 2 seasons

It still think (the statto's will be able to confirm) that statistically Tilly is not the most successfull manager (as in points per game ratio) and in all honesty I doubt whether he will ever get that accolade.

If we stay up he will be a close second to DW imho, if he keeps us in this div next season as well , he will be the most succesful as no manager has kept us in the 2nd tier for 2 seasons

Sorry but for me second bottom of the league to League One Champions beats what Webby did!

With the amount of games he is top without doubt ....well done Mate for the stats .

Back