• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is tomorrow...

shrimpled

Director⭐
...the most important day in southend's recent history? I think it may turn out to be just that as i believe if we win we will stay up but if we lose we will go down. If we lose and get relegated who know's what will happen to the club, we were promoted twice in successive seasons there is no reason why we cannot be relegated twice in successive seasons, of course not mentioning the late 90's!!!
If we stay up, we may consolidate next year and stay up, we may struggle again of course, but if we consolidate or improve on this season's showing we could be a premiership team in the next 5 or 10 years, you never know!
Tomorrow could well be the day, that when we are sitting top of the premiership at christmas in the year 2015, we look back to the 14th of april and think, thank heavens we beat bloomin' Barnsley.

yes i truly believe it is, can they get bigger then this in terms of things at stake ?

Brought my Plymouth ticket today :)

If we'd lost in the play-offs we'd have been stuck in the lower leagues for even longer, but the gap between the Championship and League One is far bigger than that between League One and League Two and if we lose tomorrow we're effectively relgated. That makes it a bigger game in my opinion.

.....and after this one we have another one vs Luton :)

Lose or draw either of them and we are down.

I was looking at the table and if it wasnt for Mahers 90th minute goal against Preston we already would be, each game is that big now.

I think with the new stadium around the corner its even more important to stay in this division, whether we can do it this year who knows, whether we can do it another 2 seasons is again a big ask. Going to be fun trying....

...the most important day in southend's recent history? I think it may turn out to be just that as i believe if we win we will stay up but if we lose we will go down. If we lose and get relegated who know's what will happen to the club, we were promoted twice in successive seasons there is no reason why we cannot be relegated twice in successive seasons, of course not mentioning the late 90's!!!
If we stay up, we may consolidate next year and stay up, we may struggle again of course, but if we consolidate or improve on this season's showing we could be a premiership team in the next 5 or 10 years, you never know!
Tomorrow could well be the day, that when we are sitting top of the premiership at christmas in the year 2015, we look back to the 14th of april and think, thank heavens we beat bloomin' Barnsley.

Yes it is the most important in recent history . Since last Monday in fact

Every game now on are the biggest games ever really!

Good post, im nervous now! Knowing us we will loose today and against luton then beat plymouth and southampton though!
The lads really need our support today more than ever!

Back