• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is your life living up to expectation?

What did I want to be when I was younger?
Artist or musician

What did you study at the highest level?
I left school at 15 with a below par set of GCSE results, with the exception of of English language at which I excelled.

Is it relevant to my chosen job/trade?
I use nothing I learned at school in my day-to-day work.

What job do you do?
Bookkeeper and finance director of an independent music distributor.

Are you happy with your job?
Yes, kind of - I work with good people and I believe in what the company stands for. I never planned a career in finance/accounting, but doing it in a music-related enviornment makes it OK. And as I never made a career out of performing music it's nice to be involved in the industry in some way.

What do you want to do in the future? How do you plan on achieving this?
I have no plans for the future. My company has had a tough decade but we've consolidated over the past 12 months and so I hope I can steer us back to profitability and that we can all earn a decent living for however long music distribution remains viable. I also run my own record label and I perform and release my own music, and I'd still love to earn a living from doing that.

Journalist

BA (Hons) in Politics and international Relations.

Not directly.

What job do you do?

Work in the Property Dept of a major betting firm

Not right at the moment. A bad atmosphere in the workplace due to poor company performance and a wide raft of redundancies. That said, I'm conscious of being relatively well paid for a job that doesn't have a great deal of pressure.

Do right by my children. Provide for them as best I can and make sure they grow up to be well rounded individuals. Need to get a better idea of exactly what I want to do as I have drifted through various roles and departments within my industry, but I'm not sure where the next big move will be.

Something involved with football initially, but journalism became something I was interested in from about the age of 14/15.

Sports Journalism.

Yes.

What job do you do?
Reporter for eGaming Review, which is a trade magazine for the online gambling industry.

Yeah, it's fairly decent. Interesting sector to work in and I can get out of the office, but keeping companies sweet while breaking exclusive stories and reporting on some issues (usually poor company performance or when a regulator fines an operator for something or other) requires a lot of tact and patience.

I've a few options and things I'm working towards. I could easily stay in business journalism, but I've also looked into communications... Not PR, as that's the devil's work, but handling a company's communications strategy. I'm leaning increasingly towards football coaching at the moment though. I'm licences with the FA and have my Level 1 and the first Youth Module and I've been volunteering for clubs around South East London. I'm booked up to do my Level 2 early next year, and a friend who works for Arsenal reckons I can earn a decent living (£20 per hour, give or take a few quid). I could balance that out with some freelance journalism work, and being my own boss would be great.

I haven't been to Roots Hall this season, are you still writing an article for the programme?

Doctor

BA (Hons) Economics & MSc Health Economics. Currently doing a PhD as a staff candidate at work

Yes

What job do you do?

Research Fellow/Lecturer in Health Economics

Yes

Be a good family man - raise a good family and provide for them. Give them the opportunities that I was fortunate to have.

Cheers!

(for those on FB we're keeping it off there for the time being). All is good though. 20w scan on Friday

Cheers!

(for those on FB we're keeping it off there for the time being). All is good though. 20w scan on Friday
Congratulations! Stressful time, pregnancy, but then so are the next 20 years! :smile:

Drummer in a rock band

Chemistry, HNC.

Yes, very much so!

What job do you do?
Not working at the moment by choice but always been a Lab Tech and Industrial hygienist.

Doesn't apply at the moment

Now I play guitar and bass, bass is now a passion!

Going through a tough time at work at the moment despite the fact I'm still living the dream in HK. I'm now actively looking around at options.

On the plus side I made my league debut for the below yesterday. At 47 still mixing it with the youngsters. Only came on for 30 mins in a 2-1 defeat but did nothing wrong. Despite the pic, taken in a friendly a few weeks back, I'm actually #36. Had my shirt printed and delivered to me in Tokyo on Friday. Less than half the price of that in HK. They provide the away shirt.
http://www.legalleague.com.hk/team.php?id=25

May have to edit and repost link when I get home. http://www.legalleague.com.hk/team.php?id=25

Back