• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I COACHED isaac when he was 8 years old at Southend's centre of excellence. Nice to see he is doing well.

Seem to recall that he was mentioned in the your programme as part of our good relationship with Arsenal.

Seem to recall that he was mentioned in the your programme as part of our good relationship with Arsenal.

We got Chambers and Bentley both from Arsenal. It's good we have a relationship like that which such a massive club.

We got Chambers and Bentley both from Arsenal. It's good we have a relationship like that which such a massive club.

Think Pinnock came from Arsenal too. Thought Luke Hobbs worked at Arsenal for a bit too before working with us, not completely sure on that so ignore me if I'm talking rubbish!

No. I worked there before the current management was in place and am proud that Issac was given a good introduction to football.

Think Pinnock came from Arsenal too. Thought Luke Hobbs worked at Arsenal for a bit too before working with us, not completely sure on that so ignore me if I'm talking rubbish!

I thought Luke Hobbs left us to go to Arsenal?

I thought Luke Hobbs left us to go to Arsenal?

Could be. Found this though - http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?53715-2009-10-Season-Youth-Team-Stats

Andy, sorry for the late response. Michael Hassini is a new Under-16 - a couple of years ago, he was Arsenal's captain at Under-14 level and was pretty highly-rated there. Obviously we have some really good links with Arsenal since Ricky Duncan and Luke Hobbs arrived here, and a little while ago at the Shrimpers Trust AGM, Ricky said this:
“A little while ago, Luke Hobbs and I went to Arsenal to look at a 14-year-old six-foot, one-inch centre-half. He went to Spurs, but it didn’t work out for him there for whatever reason, and now he will be playing for us on trial on Saturday.”

Obviously the trial went well, and hopefully we'll see him pushing into the Under-18s during 2010!

So suggests that they had links with Arsenal before perhaps, not necessarily employed by them though.

Made his debut for Arsenal in the Capital One cup tonight, according to Chris Phillips that means we'll get some extra cash!

from sky sports :

"...........debutant Isaac Hayden on Youssouf Mulumbu with a sliding challenge that saw the 18-year-old Gunner shown a
yellow card which could have been red."

Back