• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Isaac Hutchinson completes move to Derby County

Amazing how these "Championship clubs" can see something which many of our own fans can't.

The abuse that both he and his father have received on social media - and in person at Dover - was and is disgraceful.

With the right people around him and behind him, then whoever it is will see exactly the player that we have seen only fleetingly.

Good luck Isaac - and at least his dad won't have the Colchester/Southend dilemma any more!
U wont here from him again,there is know way he will ever play for derby county!! Not good enough

Best of luck to Hutch, I do think he's got a lot to learn still to be able to succeed at that level and hopefully he can do that - the raw talent is there, it's just directing it effectively.

I think I would probably trust the Derby County view of Isaac Hutchinson's talents more than your in depth analysis.
Ive seen his talents up close on a 3pm and 7:45 kick off and he most certainly has not shown the talent for us or antyhing to say hes going to be able to make it at derby,good luck to the lad but im just being honest.

Ive seen his talents up close on a 3pm and 7:45 kick off and he most certainly has not shown the talent for us or antyhing to say hes going to be able to make it at derby,good luck to the lad but im just being honest.

Blimey that Phillip Cocu and Wayne Rooney must be clueless if good old “shrimpet Steve” is seeing things they can’t ??

Ever thought of a career in elite football recruitment Steve?

Good luck Isaac , go and be a sponge at Derby and learn from the greatest English player from this decade .
happen to think there won’t be as many heads ups on this forum now as I’m pretty sure hutch was the source for a lot of folk ......shame as This site will be a poorer place without it .

happen to think there won’t be as many heads ups on this forum now as I’m pretty sure hutch was the source for a lot of folk ......shame as This site will be a poorer place without it .
Yes it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out, but there are at least a couple of other people that you can tell are getting info from other sources. To be honest, as I've said before, the volume/detail of info coming out over the last year or so would be worrying to me as a manager - not that everything should be secretive but there are limits on what needs to be in the public domain.

From the perspective of SZ and making this an interesting place for discussion though, it's definitely been a good thing to have even if we haven't all been in agreement on some of the views.

I have no idea if he will make it or not.
He has done nothing to hurt this club and therefore I can’t understand why anyone would want to do anything but wish him good luck.

additionally I assume there will be performance clauses and/or sell on fees so surely even if for some reason you don’t like him surely supporters of SUFC can rise above their personal opinion and see the bigger picture?

As an aside, the “supporters “ giving the young players stick- what are you expecting?
We practically have an U23 team, premiership U23’s loose against under strength league two teams, yet some think our effectively U23 team ( with little preseason and a relegation should beat full strength league teams? How does that add up?

Last edited:
Good luck to him. Better off out of our crap situation, and we are better off finding a player who can immediately compete in L2

Back