• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isaac Hutchinson

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Signed for Forest Green Rovers on loan until the end of the season. Good luck to the lad was gutted when he left and wish him all the best.

Isaac Hutchinson- Captained Derby County on Saturday.
Loaned to Forest Green Rovers today....!

Isaac Hutchinson- Captained Derby County on Saturday.
Loaned to Forest Green Rovers today....!
Suspect FGR weren’t watching on tv !
Suspect the captaincy was because all his teammates were all 2 or 3 years younger than him.

Possibly mate. I wasn’t appraising him I was just suggesting they may not be looking for the same thing in a player as a supporter of another club

All I would say is from the info I have he ran the furthest, he ran the furthest at high speed, performed the 2nd most sprints, made the most complete passes, prevented a certain goal by his positioning and created the only clear cut chance in the game.

Maybe they liked those bits.

It was a horrendous game of football with little of no football played and Chorley were bigger better and stronger than Derby overall so fair play to them. By you’ve seen how hard it is for kids to compete with grown men so I’m not sure it was a surprise.

Anyway this is the wrong thread...and WHY do Southend fans wanna talk about him at all let alone negatively.....he’s moved on and Southend are probably as good a side now as they have had in 3 seasons!! Enjoy it!! I do! I still pay my £10 most weeks

Anyway this is the wrong thread...and WHY do Southend fans wanna talk about him at all let alone negatively.....he’s moved on and Southend are probably as good a side now as they have had in 3 seasons!! Enjoy it!! I do! I still pay my £10 most weeks
In all fairness, he's a recent departure and a bit of an enigma for most Southend fans so he's still a player of interest - someone who didn't really excel in his time here but who still departed (rightly imho) to a bigger team in a higher division who, as you said above, saw things in him that others weren't looking at. For me, those things will be more obvious as attributes in the future as he develops further, but it will certainly be interesting to see:

1) how he progresses long term
2) what he can bring right now to a team at this level

I think there was enough, even in the game at the weekend, to show he's not even close YET to the player he's going to be, but there was still something...

Remember, those who can't or don't want to see what experienced scouts at a big club like Derby can see are fully entitled to express their opinions. They're just not really worth getting into overly strenuous debates with.

He surely won't be going straight in as a direct replacement for Winchester there? Hutch does have positive qualities but I don't think even his most ardent fans would say that he's close to the same level yet.

He surely won't be going straight in as a direct replacement for Winchester there? Hutch does have positive qualities but I don't think even his most ardent fans would say that he's close to the same level yet.

He’s been given the 7 shirt which was Winchesters

We have to accept that FGR play a very different type of football to what we were playing for the majority of his time here. And although it cost us results by playing out from the back the times we tried it they were in fact some of the times isaac looked a good player and FG are clearly having a little more success doing it. It may be a good fit.

We have to also remember he’s only 20 and even those that don’t rate him would have to accept he should be improving all the time and the last three or four months will have helped that for sure

Last edited:
We have to accept that FGR play a very different type of football to what we were playing for the majority of his time here. And although it cost us results by playing out from the back they were in fact some of the times isaac looked a good player and FG are clearly having a little more success doing it. It may be a good fit.
Yes, I like the way FGR play a lot, and Cadden is a fantastic player to watch down the left. Winchester though has been really good this season and they are big shoes to fill. I'm not saying Hutch won't do well there eventually but IMO there are areas of his game that he will definitely need to have improved on a lot to have an immediate impact.

Yeah I’d agree with that. Good post ?

He is only there til May and then has another year on his Derby contract.

FGR wanted an option to buy clause in the loan arrangement but Derby refused. The indications are they plan on having him back!

Enjoyed watching the highlights ...

IH killer pass opening them up and then ducking his head out of the way of the cross.

Did we get a fee for him ??

Back