• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isaac Hutchinson

Sell on or appearance fees, or both. Can't remember what Ron said now

Interesting that Derby have loaned him to a team at the top of the division 2 below them. They must think he's relatively close to 1st team football (since he hasn't been loaded to a team below that.)

Does telling him you hope his family die of cancer or calling his dad a nonce on Twitter come under that banner or is that ok? Asking for a friend.

As far as I’ve ever been concerned all opinions on a player are subjective and perfectly ok....which includes anyone dad or grandad being entitled to their subjective opinion too I’d imagine?

Let’s keep conversation about any ex player to exactly that shall we....you know, the player and playing?

Interesting that Derby have loaned him to a team at the top of the division 2 below them. They must think he's relatively close to 1st team football (since he hasn't been loaded to a team below that.)
Derby and FGR might well be meeting up in League One next season and Isaac might have the choice between the club with the better ground and the one with the better ethics.

Does telling him you hope his family die of cancer or calling his dad a nonce on Twitter come under that banner or is that ok? Asking for a friend.

As far as I’ve ever been concerned all opinions on a player are subjective and perfectly ok....which includes anyone dad or grandad being entitled to their subjective opinion too I’d imagine?

Let’s keep conversation about any ex player to exactly that shall we....you know, the player and playing?
You can’t have it both ways. You wanted to shut down a thread with a mildly critical comment about IH and expressed surprise there was any need for conversation about ex shrimpers. Within a day or so you’re giving likes and laughing emojis to a joke about another ex shrimper Sol Campbell. You’re quite entitled to do that though personally I’m finding it a rather dreary oft repeated joke now.
As for the comments on Twitter and Facebook they are absolutely appalling and unacceptable and I’m embarrassed supporters of the same club as me would do that. The reason I stick to this forum is that those comments would be deleted in 5 minutes and FairPlay with a bit of banter/**** taking is allowed.

You can’t have it both ways. You wanted to shut down a thread with a mildly critical comment about IH and expressed surprise there was any need for conversation about ex shrimpers

I haven’t made any reference at all to shutting down a thread at all? Honestly not sure what that comments aimed at.

Within a day or so you’re giving likes and laughing emojis to a joke about another ex shrimper Sol Campbell. You’re quite entitled to do that though personally I’m finding it a rather dreary oft repeated joke now.

I make a point of liking all such comments regarding all Campbell when they refer to incidents that I know 100% to be true. Although I agree it’s tiresome.

My point about IH and why he continues to be talked about has nothing to do with comments regarding his football career, his performances or his current situation. But it seems he can’t ever be mentioned without some other reference to things that have no bearing on football such as.....

“Make sure no one says anything but amazing comments about him on this thread otherwise his Dad will start crying again”

When I said “why do Southend fans even want to take about him” it was simply in reference to that and also to the fact that he really wasn’t someone many were sorry to see go and most importantly, rather than drag up negativity about an ex player why not focus on the progress made by Southend United since he left.

If he does anything of note as a footballer then I’m sore it will be noted on this thread

surely that’s fair enough?

From what I heard, his chances of breaking into the first team have been hampered by the fact that the Derby ownership are trying to sell the club & don’t want to pay us the relevant appearance fees.

Derby have a takeover pending though, so who knows what will happen in the future.

Precisely this.

From here on out, can please refrain from any and all personal insults aimed at family members of any players.

Surely any comment from now on aimed at any players or relatives should be removed automatically by the mods.

Its one thing digging out another poster because you can't argue your case but players or their families cant even defend themselves. As we have seen on here, It just gives a few sad individuals a green light to make further attacks.

I know little about FGR however what I saw was they are a physical side and like to get stuck in and at opponents.
This is an area of weakness for Issac who, lovely young man as he is, could benefit from getting more robust.

I had a feeling we didn't get a fee for Isaac but lots of clauses to trigger payments in the future.

I think this is a good move for him, he needed to toughen up a bit and hopefully, he might have started to learn that about his game.

I had a feeling we didn't get a fee for Isaac but lots of clauses to trigger payments in the future.

I think this is a good move for him, he needed to toughen up a bit and hopefully, he might have started to learn that about his game.
Ron stated no fee in at least one of his interviews.

Reactions: GBJ
Ron stated no fee in at least one of his interviews.

From how I heard it, the bulk of the money we would receive is dependent on first team appearances... therefore there is no transfer fee in the traditional sense.

Unfortunately for us - and as I said yesterday - with Derby’s current owner looking to sell the club, I don’t suppose he’s willing to pay out any more than he needs to right now, which has almost certainly played its part.

Whatever we think of Isaac Hutchinson as a footballer, it literally benefits us if he breaks into the first team, so that’s what we should all be hoping for.

From what I’ve read there is a large chunk of money due on his League debut.

As @GBJ pointed out Derby have serious financial problems until a take over is complete, even missing player wages payments for December.

Given that most young players make their debut as a token run out for 10 mins at 3-0 it’s clear Derby had no intention of that happening and having to pay that right now. I’d imagine that was a consideration when sending him back to the EFL on loan until the timing is better and he’s closer to being ready to make an impact rather than token run outs.

His Derby contract runs until June 30th 2022. Hopefully the worlds in a better place by then ??

What are the odds of him scoring against us, when we play them next!!

From what I’ve read there is a large chunk of money due on his League debut.

As @GBJ pointed out Derby have serious financial problems until a take over is complete, even missing player wages payments for December.

I only learned about their financial troubles recently, but I had no idea things were that bad for them.

Although it shouldn’t come as a massive shock when you consider some of the names they’ve got tied down to contracts.

Just announced that Derby have confirmed Wayne Rooney as manager so would assume the takeover is close.

Precisely this.

From here on out, can we please refrain from any and all personal insults aimed at family members of any players.

I totally agree with this ..

Interesting to estimate which ex-Shrimper has had the most personal abuse

Back