• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isaac Hutchinson

They took him off as Sub at Halftime, so in a way, he was outshone by K. Taylor who is similar age as him and look better than him too.

They took him off as Sub at Halftime, so in a way, he was outshone by K. Taylor who is similar age as him and look better than him too.

Kyle Taylor was at Forest Green last season whilst Hutchinson was here. I'd be curious as to which loanee their fans prefer, especially as they would be similar ages at Forest Green whilst we get an older and more mature Kyle Taylor having seen a much younger Isaac.

That was his first start for FGR and against his old club, so maybe he was trying too hard. What I do know is that his free kick early in the first half was only just too high. If that had gone in it may have been a different outcome. Isaac will take time to settle in but he must be doing something ok to have merited a starting berth.

Kyle Taylor was at Forest Green last season whilst Hutchinson was here. I'd be curious as to which loanee their fans prefer, especially as they would be similar ages at Forest Green whilst we get an older and more mature Kyle Taylor having seen a much younger Isaac.

Kyle Taylor was on loan at FG at the same age Hutchinson is now. He made just one start from September to January and FG sent him back to Bournemouth in January cutting short the season long loan. It was described in the press as “a handful of league appearances during a largely ineffective loan spell at Rovers last season”

He’s a year older than Hutchinson and year in football is a lifetime.

I do not understand some of the comments about Issac. Or Emile, or any other player when those comments are containing spite and malice.
Issac has gone to a far bigger club, DCFC, under a big name manager, and now he is out on loan at a seemingly well run and successful club.
He is learning his trade and getting paid, at a guess, more than if he had stayed with us.
Good luck to him, I hope he has a good loan, scores a few and makes his Derby league debut and we (Ron) get some money coming our way.

That was his first start for FGR and against his old club, so maybe he was trying too hard. What I do know is that his free kick early in the first half was only just too high. If that had gone in it may have been a different outcome. Isaac will take time to settle in but he must be doing something ok to have merited a starting berth.
Agree with this, the kid is clearly talented and hope he does well.

Kyle Taylor was on loan at FG at the same age Hutchinson is now. He made just one start from September to January and FG sent him back to Bournemouth in January cutting short the season long loan. It was described in the press as “a handful of league appearances during a largely ineffective loan spell at Rovers last season”

The commentators were saying last night, Kyle Taylor’s loan spell at FGR wasn’t that successful. Not sure you can read too much into loan spells. I thought Isaac looked a bit stronger last night, like he’d bulked up a touch. He needs a run of games so hopefully he’ll get that there and the pitch/playing style should suit him.

Slightly disagree. Hutchinson has over 30 league appearances for us. Taylor had 6 for FRG and now 12 for us. Hutchinson is therefore a much more experienced league player and that will be an advantage to him. I know very little about Taylor's background, but even though he's not had as much league experience, he seems more comfortable than Hutchinson in many ways in playing CM. I just think that Taylor is a better and more rounded player and suits L2 more than Hutchinson did/does.

Slightly disagree. Hutchinson has over 30 league appearances for us. Taylor had 6 for FRG and now 12 for us. Hutchinson is therefore a much more experienced league player and that will be an advantage to him. I know very little about Taylor's background, but even though he's not had as much league experience, he seems more comfortable than Hutchinson in many ways in playing CM. I just think that Taylor is a better and more rounded player and suits L2 more than Hutchinson did/does.

While I get your point re games / experience, you have to consider a) the state we were in while he got those games and how much learning could he actually do and b) many of those 30 were limited sub appearances. I think it was only 12/14 or so starts, often in a side that was severely under the cosh.

A year is a long time for any 19/20 year old who hasn’t finished growing or developing cognitively. Maturing mentally is as or more important as developing physically.

While I get your point re games / experience, you have to consider a) the state we were in while he got those games and how much learning could he actually do and b) many of those 30 were limited sub appearances. I think it was only 12/14 or so starts, often in a side that was severely under the cosh.

A year is a long time for any 19/20 year old who hasn’t finished growing or developing cognitively. Maturing mentally is as or more important as developing physically.
Sure, but whether 20 or 21 Hutchinson has the benefit of more league experience and even though it was challenging, he will have learnt a lot from being in and training in a first team environment a lot more than Taylor. Some of these starts were in league 1 as well.

Plus boys tend to stop physically developing at 18, and your cognitive peak is much later. Taylor seems to be progressing nicely through the levels. I expect Bournemouth will want to see him get some good L2 or L1 experience next season to then see if he's worth another contract and near to breaking through at CCC level. Hutchinson is taking a more backwards/forwards route given his move to Derby but not yet being ready for that level.

Sure, but whether 20 or 21 Hutchinson has the benefit of more league experience and even though it was challenging, he will have learnt a lot from being in and training in a first team environment

Normally I’d agree with that fully. But it’s very dependant on what type of environment that training takes place in. In Hutchinson’s case there was barely a senior pro in the club and most of the time training consisted of the same players he’d been with in the 23s. For all we know Taylor spent time training with Bournemouth’s first team who were flying high in premier league which will have been far more beneficial than training at Southend

Plus boys tend to stop physically developing at 18, and your cognitive peak is much later

By physical growth I don’t mean height or skeletal growth, I’m taking putting muscle on the frame and some substance. Hutchinson is nearly 6’3” and probably weighed 76kg. That’s an imbalance that will hinder him far more than someone 76kg who’s 5’10”. To be fair last night he did look like he’d filled out some.

Either way he’s a year behind Kyle even to the point of being on loan at the same club from a championship club at the same age!

Last edited:
Hutchinson is nearly 6’3” and probably weighed 76kg. That’s an imbalance that will hinder him far more than someone 76kg who’s 5’10”. To be fair last night he did look like he’d filled out some.
is he? I'm 6ft 2 and he doesn't seem as tall as me in the flesh. Agree he looks to have filled out which I think will help him a bit.

yeah, right Darryl.

Hutchinson is definitely taller than you.
I know this is a weird hill to die on but I'm def 6ft 2 and that's without including my lockdown barnet! If Hutchinson is 6ft 3 then fine, I'm surprised by that but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back