• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Islamic Justice - Harsh But Fair

yawn, it's crap threads like this that are killing SZ IMO. This place is dead.:sad:

Sick, but the west still bends over to sell them arms and buy their oil and ignore the fact that the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi and not Afghanistan or Iraq.

yawn, it's crap threads like this that are killing SZ IMO. This place is dead.:sad:

Yawn maybe but you still read it and posted on it,yes the zone can be dross but then we are all different and as a cross section we should i hope like/enjoy different things,for me it would be heaven if every thread was a shrimpero/barmablue thread,those guys rock.Some of your threads go way over my head due to the fact that you are im guessing a lot cleverer than me,Use the zone for what it is,a diverson from real life to make you angry/happy,but never fall in to the trap that YOU are the zone.
As for choppy choppy,its thier country and its thier laws so best we respect them but we dont have to like them.

As for choppy choppy,its thier country and its thier laws so best we respect them but we dont have to like them.
I think it being their country is irrelevant, its the responsibility of all governments to do whatever they can to stop other governments killing their own people. Capital punishment has no justification and there was another state killing in the US yesterday using flawed evidence and statements that were since withdrawn. Countries like UK and US should make sure they are squeaky clean so that they are taken seriously when questioning places like Saudi Arabia where human rights are non existant.

42 beheadings in a year. This may be their laws but I am not respecting them...

Why do people see it fit to end a fellow human being's life? For that chance that they may be wrongly convicted it should be hell in prison that they have to pay, if they find it too tough they can end it anyway. Beheading has always seemed a bit extreme to me.

However, that said, the beheading of Saddam Hussein, and people that bring misery upon hundreds of thousands and are evidently plain evil I do condone!

The article concludes with:

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia's strict interpretation of Islamic sharia law

Maybe if we adopted similar punishments the crime rate would go down a bit. I'd vote for most of them.

The article concludes with:

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia's strict interpretation of Islamic sharia law

Maybe if we adopted similar punishments the crime rate would go down a bit. I'd vote for most of them.

there have been plenty of studies and reports to suggest that capital punishment is not a deterrent.

2008MurderRatesinStates.JPG

But they wouldn't re-offend though would they.

Wonderful thanks Steveo. Having a baby is the best thing anyone can ever do. :thumbsup:
Way off topic.

My babies are now 23 and 21. When I look back I was always keen for them to be the best behaved kids they could be, and sometimes think I was maybe too strict with them. However, when I've discussed this with friends, the conclusion is always maybe thats why they are well behaved and decent people now they have grown up.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand - Hang em high.

That's a somewhat one-sided view of the Troy Davis case. Here's a view from the other side:

Mumia's the Word

This thread seems to have opened up a lively debate - exactly the kind of thing that's killing SZ.

Regardless of which side of the fence you sit on, this article is worth a read. The BBC this week were going with the "9 witnesses of which 7 have recanted" story, which gives an innocent view, but when you read this and find there were 34 witnesses. all of them African American, it gives a completely different view to the whole thing.

Back