• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend man101

First XI
ISAAC LAYNE JOINS SOUTHEND UNITED

Southend United are pleased to announce the signing of Isaac Layne for an undisclosed fee from Billericay Town.

He has signed a one-year deal with the option of a further year.

Good news

Very good news, a cracking days business. Love the option in our favour, would be cracking to unearth a gem. Wonder if the undiclosed fee was infact that £1 release deal in his 'ricay contract.

Just need Bolger, Fagan and a midfielder please :winking:

Is he likely to get any first team football?

I doubt it immediately but if he's good enough he will. My guess is that he'll train for a few weeks and travel a bit before Brown maybe loans him out for some competitive action.

Is he likely to get any first team football?

Saw him play a few times for Billericay last season. In one game he was very good indeed, in the others much less so.

Don't see him getting much closer than the bench for a while. One for the future maybe.

We already have Corr, Barney, Coulhirst and Weston vying for the strikers positions so hard to see him or Ellis Brown getting much of a look in. Perhaps be loaned out or play in the cups.

I surely can't be the only one who is not overjoyed about the 3 signings we've made today. I haven't seen any of the pre-season games so I don't know what Mads is like but pretty sure we won't see much of Isaac and loans are very hit and miss with more misses than hits.

Still, signings are good but are these going to be better than what we have??

Saw him play a few times for Billericay last season. In one game he was very good indeed, in the others much less so.

Don't see him getting much closer than the bench for a while. One for the future maybe.

This the same as I got from guys who played with him last season, the opinion is he'll need to step up a bit

I surely can't be the only one who is not overjoyed about the 3 signings we've made today. I haven't seen any of the pre-season games so I don't know what Mads is like but pretty sure we won't see much of Isaac and loans are very hit and miss with more misses than hits.

Still, signings are good but are these going to be better than what we have??

Agreed to a point but every signing is a risk. Don't imagine Lane is on a lot. the Tottenham lad we can send back he is crap so I would argue its a good day as of the three deals we have done only one represents any sort of risk.

Very good news, a cracking days business. Love the option in our favour, would be cracking to unearth a gem. Wonder if the undiclosed fee was infact that £1 release deal in his 'ricay contract.

Just need Bolger, Fagan and a midfielder please :winking:

With all that's gone on, I really don't think we need another midfielder if we secure those other two!

With all that's gone on, I really don't think we need another midfielder if we secure those other two!

I'd certainly like to see a midfielder on loan, at least until the end of the year, as cover for the injured Timlin. Quite happy and excited by our options up front. Maybe a defender on loan, hopefully in addition to Bolger.....Luke O'Neil would be useful! :winking: I think we can then look forward to the new season with quite a bit of optimism.

Agreed time to see what Clifford and Payne are made of. Give them 8-10 games and if its not working then we can always dip into the loan market. Assume Hurst could do a decent job as an attacking midfielder if we needed him also.

I can see Layne breaking into our first team or on the bench as League 2 is an good starting point for him. He ripped us apart in first 25 minutes until Hurst scored the first goal.

Just watching the news on Sky Sports. It must be true. I thought I was dreaming. Surely it can't be

I need to go and Have a cold shower to calm myself down

Then off to bookies to back us for Title

Seriously though. Great nay fantastic news for the season ahead. Only Strakes and Laird gone (yes Phillips etc as well)

Positive thing is we kept all those we wanted to
happy day !

Back