• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It’s time...

JIMSDAD

Schoolboy
To get Theo Robinson and Michael Klass back. It’s also time to give the armband to Jason Demetriou. Sol needs to deliver an enormous kick up the arse to all but Elvis, Hopper and Bishop. Draw the remaining five needed to field a team from the best of the U23 and U18 squads and fill the bench with the same. At least we’d have a team that wants to play for the pride of wearing the shirt. As for the rest of them, I’d have them them working out in the gym and doing 40 laps of the pitch every day in their own kit until they either beg to wear the shirt or to leave

Forgot to add that I’ll give McLaughlin the benefit of the doubt at the moment and include him in the team.

Let me explain. Jason Demetriou. Unfit? Yes. A bit injury prone? Yes. Experience of captaincy? Yes. Does he put in a shift? Yes. Does he play like he couldn’t give a damn? No. Could he add some bite to midfield? Yes. Has anyone at all got any reason at all to label Demetriou in the same way that the players who have openly let us down are rightly labelled? I haven’t.

Theo's more of an impact sub these days. Demi hasn't been the same since his very bad injury, and could be let go in the clear out, and he's certainly no Captain. Michael Klass is not a strong tackling, or mobile, or goal scoring or chance making midfielder we are looking for. He's not pulling up trees at Bromley. These players aren't the answer. As for the workout and fitness, don't worry, the players are really being put through it from what I've heard, since the new Manager came in.

Give the armband to someone who can’t train, play a full 90 or two matches in a week... great idea.

Was and is a good captain I think! Both at club level and internationally. Not scared to get a boot in and lead from the front physically and verbally
Led to believe is fit enough to train and represent cyprus against Scotland etc..
believe physios/consultants put in place a specific training schedule geared up to ensuring fit for 90 mins on match days with alternate days full training and inbetween gym work etc on the other days. Fitness isn't the issue ... many clubs at this level would easily deal with this to utilise experience. Its more that senior players generally aren't flavour of the month with Campbell who doesn't even know some of there names yet!.

Was and is a good captain I think! Both at club level and internationally. Not scared to get a boot in and lead from the front physically and verbally
Led to believe is fit enough to train and represent cyprus against Scotland etc..
believe physios/consultants put in place a specific training schedule geared up to ensuring fit for 90 mins on match days with alternate days full training and inbetween gym work etc on the other days. Fitness isn't the issue ... many clubs at this level would easily deal with this to utilise experience. Its more that senior players generally aren't flavour of the month with Campbell who doesn't even know some of there names yet!.

I thought fitness was supposed to be an issue with the squad in general and he's lacking match practice?

As for senior players not being flavour of the month so far Sol has dropped:

Oxley
Kiernan
Milligan
Cox
Humphrys (although he's apparently injured and is one of the younger players)

On the other hand he's made Dieng his captain.

How desperate are we.....quite simply we are all clutching at straws because we are lacking the players who will turn this around.
A leader on and off the pitch ...a ball winning midfielder....a experienced central defender who leads the line and sets the standard for the young back line....a speedy striker or midfielder who runs at the opposition....a forward passing playmaker....All these are missing at the moment and hardly any of this squad look capable of filling these missing ingredients .
We can juggle with this bunch all we like at the moment to no avail

Hmmm....... not sure about Demi to be honest. However I would get Theo back, he always gives 100%. I know he's not the most skillful player but he does have pace and creates space for others.

Back