• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It’s time...

I’m going tmrw night, not because most of Sunday’s shower of sh*t has any of my support, but because I’m desperate to see what Sols reaction is going to be. Will he somehow magically breath some life into this corpse of a team? Personally, I think it’s too late. They are brain dead. Will Sol go down the route I would personally prefer? Will he make it absolutely clear that the current situation is unacceptable? Will he drop the wasters and give their shirts to some keen, hungry youngsters, in a dead rubber match? I bl**dy well hope so. It would be the biggest indication to me yet, that Sol means business.

I’m going tmrw night, not because most of Sunday’s shower of sh*t has any of my support, but because I’m desperate to see what Sols reaction is going to be. Will he somehow magically breath some life into this corpse of a team? Personally, I think it’s too late. They are brain dead. Will Sol go down the route I would personally prefer? Will he make it absolutely clear that the current situation is unacceptable? Will he drop the wasters and give their shirts to some keen, hungry youngsters, in a dead rubber match? I bl**dy well hope so. It would be the biggest indication to me yet, that Sol means business.

Hasn't he done that already?

He's dropped Oxley, Milligan, Kiernan and Cox and has left out Demetriou and is starting Bishop, Hamilton, Hutchinson, Goodship and Bwomono with Acquah off the bench.

Would Theo Robinson want to come back after the bad feeling towards him here? Most people wanted to get rid of him and were glad when he finally left.

watching my first game on tv sunday, told me what i had been wondering all season. Are these players not fit not motivated or simply just not very good. As i watched it became apparent to me not very good. How we go forward with this bunch i have no idea, only to wonder how the scouting staff at this club could have got this so wrong on such a huge scale. without going through the whole team, i would say 80 percent must be moved on. How we get rid of such great amount of playing staff who have contracts is another problem. I doubt S C new what a mess he was walking into, he certainly no now.

I think it very unfair to label Jason Demetriou injury prone. He's had a bad injury that's seemingly ruined his career - if he can't get into this Southend side.

Prior to that injury, he played 40+ league games for each of the two previous seasons for us.

The pre-injury Demetriou would be first on the teamsheet for me. I've not seen him in any of the handful of games since his injury, so can't comment on current form/ability.

Even if we wanted Theo back I'm pretty sure the rules were changed a few years ago so that you can't recall players loaned to EFL clubs outside the transfer window.

To get Theo Robinson and Michael Klass back. It’s also time to give the armband to Jason Demetriou. Sol needs to deliver an enormous kick up the arse to all but Elvis, Hopper and Bishop. Draw the remaining five needed to field a team from the best of the U23 and U18 squads and fill the bench with the same. At least we’d have a team that wants to play for the pride of wearing the shirt. As for the rest of them, I’d have them them working out in the gym and doing 40 laps of the pitch every day in their own kit until they either beg to wear the shirt or to leave

Theo Robinson is exactly where he should be so no problem with him meeting up with his mates next year, hope there is only two mates left for League 2

With things as they are, Theo could be a really good option. God knows whether he would want to come back, but I don't remember Theo ever being criticised for a lack of effort - or of pace, clearly. Those are two things we need more of, to provide an attacking outlet. It would at least push back the defensive line of the opposition as they would be susceptible to the ball over the top and that might help us compete a bit better in the middle of the park.

My take on our plight is quite simple. Should we get to January with very few points added to the 5 we already have, we should write the season off.

Treat the rest of the season as preparation for life in League 2 and ensure we start next season on the front foot. Has worked for Ipswich so far,, so why not us ?

Whatever happens Sol is going to be very busy in January.

Theo needs a game tonight C & P, he hasn't played for about three weeks and we haven't got another game until 23/11. Nouble needs a rest anyway. It will be interesting to see whether Robinson will be able to keep Norris out of the starting X1.

As for him going back in January, difficult to see why any player would want was is happening there on his CV.

My take on our plight is quite simple. Should we get to January with very few points added to the 5 we already have, we should write the season off.

Treat the rest of the season as preparation for life in League 2 and ensure we start next season on the front foot. Has worked for Ipswich so far,, so why not us ?

Whatever happens Sol is going to be very busy in January.

Ipswich spent money!

Ipswich spent money!
Ipswich had 2 large sell ons come up trumps. One was Tyrone Mings, can't off hand remember the other one. Pretty sure the only fee paid out was for Kane Vincent-Young from Colchester. The other signings were frees including James Norwood.
One thing that Lambert did was ensure that the best youngsters had plenty of game time in the second half of the season.
Ipswich are massively in debt, so in no position to splash the cash.

Hasn't he done that already?

He's dropped Oxley, Milligan, Kiernan and Cox and has left out Demetriou and is starting Bishop, Hamilton, Hutchinson, Goodship and Bwomono with Acquah off the bench.
Nobody with an understanding of football who watches us regularly could refer to Cox,Demi or Oxley as “wasters”,while of the 6 “youngsters” mentioned,only Elvis is getting anywhere near League 1 standard so far.

My Stats tell me that Goodship has outperformed Cox in all areas of attacking play including pass completion despite playing almost a third less minutes.

Hutchinson has the highest pass completion rate in the entire squad and the highest number of successful dribbles.

Arguably they can also claim to be currently of league standard if we are to assume Cox is.

Theo needs a game tonight C & P, he hasn't played for about three weeks and we haven't got another game until 23/11. Nouble needs a rest anyway. It will be interesting to see whether Robinson will be able to keep Norris out of the starting X1.

As for him going back in January, difficult to see why any player would want was is happening there on his CV.

Despite us making 8 changes for last nights game Theo only got 20 minutes as a sub, what with Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe back from Derry now I don't think we will need him, so he will be back at Roots Hall or elsewhere I would imagine.

Despite us making 8 changes for last nights game Theo only got 20 minutes as a sub, what with Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe back from Derry now I don't think we will need him, so he will be back at Roots Hall or elsewhere I would imagine.
Can’t see Theo returning here especially not in this toxic environment.

Back