• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpereeee

First XI
I've been following the recent doom and gloom posts and can't help thinking (through my rose tinted glasses  
wink.gif
) that I can't actually recall better times than these in the 30 plus years that I've been supporting SUFC.

I've seen some miserable days at Roots Hall, believe you me, but the last couple of years since Tilson began his reign have been exhilerating...and I include our performances this season. We may be a little out of our depth at times but even watching the opposition has been great. I for one am going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

For those of you have short memories or have never witnessed the really barren times just think back to a couple of years ago under Wignall when we were languishing at the foot of the 2nd division. What would you have given for 2 cup finals, 2 successive promotions and competitive games against Leeds (twice) and Man Utd within the space of 3 weeks.

Perhaps we'll all wake up now?

Someone (and not me) will post saying we need to concentrate on the 2 games coming up...but

BLOODY HELL MANCHESTER UNITED AT ROOTS HALL
wow.gif

I've been watching Southend for 20 years, and week-in, week-out for 12 and this is as good as its got in that time. And possibly ever will again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 25 2006,23:26)]I've been watching Southend for 20 years, and week-in, week-out for 12 and this is as good as its got in that time. And possibly ever will again.
Why such negativity? This is the new dawn! Didn't we all think back in March 2004 that that visit to Cardiff was the summit of all of our supporting careers? That nothing could ever happen to match or top that? Just look at what we've done in the two and a half years since then!

Start getting used to it!

cool.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Oct. 25 2006,23:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 25 2006,23:26)]I've been watching Southend for 20 years, and week-in, week-out for 12 and this is as good as its got in that time. And possibly ever will again.
Why such negativity? This is the new dawn! Didn't we all think back in March 2004 that that visit to Cardiff was the summit of all of our supporting careers? That nothing could ever happen to match or top that? Just look at what we've done in the two and a half years since then!

Start getting used to it!

cool.gif
wink.gif
No negativity from me. I'm extremely hopeful about our future, particularly if the new ground goes ahead.

I'm always mindful of the fact though that historically we're a tiny club who have had far more bad times than good. Today is great, but who knows what tomorrow will bring....? I don't think we can take anything for granted so I, for one, am intent on relishing every moment of this season.

[b said:
Eh?

Maybe if we beat them. But being drawn to play someone is hardly comparable to winning the 3rd division title.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneDreweBroughton @ Oct. 25 2006,23:54)]
[b said:
Eh?

Maybe if we beat them. But being drawn to play someone is hardly comparable to winning the 3rd division title.
The point of the thread, as far as I understood it, wasn't about tonight. Its about this period in time under Tilly & Brush.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 25 2006,23:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneDreweBroughton @ Oct. 25 2006,23:54)]
[b said:
Eh?

The point of the thread, as far as I understood it, wasn't about tonight. Its about this period in time under Tilly & Brush.
Spot on Beefy!

Funny that Leeds and Man Utd were two teams we'd never played in our entire history but will now be playing both within in a couple of weeks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 26 2006,09:34)]Funny that Leeds and Man Utd were two teams we'd never played in our entire history but will now be playing both within in a couple of weeks.
Arsenal in the QF's to complete the set?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 26 2006,10:08)]we've played the Gooners before though ( albeit most recently in friendlies and testimonials )
never in a competitive fixture. Get them next round and it'll be a full house of clubs

By the way we need a bigger ground. Martin sort it oouuuuuuttt, you plum.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 26 2006,09:34)]Funny that Leeds and Man Utd were two teams we'd never played in our entire history but will now be playing both within in a couple of weeks.
What price Arsenal in the next round if we dispose of the Mancs?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Oct. 26 2006,12:47)]
[b said:
rock.gif
I would rather have them in the 2 legged semi-final
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Oct. 26 2006,12:47)]
[b said:
rock.gif
I reckon 7/1

Back