• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's Friday

MrB

Life President
Someone tell me an interesting fact about Southend I or others here may not know already.

The Pukka Pies sold at the ground are currently under suspicion (by me) of causing the food poisoning I'm suffering from right now!

(Do I have to say allegedly now? OK - ALLEGEDLY)

Stan Collymore used to use the excuse of taking his Mum to hospital when he wanted to miss training for Liverpool. Later they found out that his Mum was a nurse. Hahahaha

A bit of trivia to keep you amused then............

Which ex-southend united player had a 100% scoring record for the club?? He scored in EVERY game he played for us???

A bit of trivia to keep you amused then............

Which ex-southend united player had a 100% scoring record for the club?? He scored in EVERY game he played for us!!!!

Southend United had to wait 98 years before appearing at their first ever national cup final. The club outraged Pony The Kray by dropping their very traditional dark blue with white trim... never done before tried... for... wait for it... SILVER!

Oh... and contrary to popular belief, the actual nickname of the club is The Shrimpers... not The Blues!
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt_S @ April 16 2004,09:37)]A bit of trivia to keep you amused then............

Which ex-southend united player had a 100% scoring record for the club?? He scored in EVERY game he played for us!!!!
Lee Chapman

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt_S @ April 16 2004,09:37)]A bit of trivia to keep you amused then............

Lee Chapman. 1 game, 1 goal against Grimsby

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ April 16 2004,09:32)]The Pukka Pies sold at the ground are currently under suspicion (by me) of causing the food poisoning I'm suffering from right now!

thats what I'm blaming anyway

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 16 2004,09:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ April 16 2004,09:32)]The Pukka Pies sold at the ground are currently under suspicion (by me) of causing the food poisoning I'm suffering from right now!

thats what I'm blaming anyway
There will be a certain irony if it turned out that eating a pie at a match actually causes me to lose weight - just under a stone since Monday.

Wouldn't recommend it as a diet tip though.
sad.gif

Sian and I both had bad guts on Tuesday, though neither of us had pies. The only thing we both ate were jacket potatoes at home. Patsy had a pie but he has guts of iron.

Strange fact about Southend...

OK, Southend is so named because it is constituted of those lands which are located at the southern end of Prittlewell Priory.

Shortly after the priory was dissolved by Henry VIII in 1536 during the Reformation, the land which made up the South End of Pritlewell was sold, as part of a farm (Facons Farm) to Mr. Hercules Arthur - who renamed his farm "Southend".

So, there you go - our football club represents a bloke called Hercules.  Bet you didn't know that.

unclesam.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 16 2004,13:14)]OK, Southend is so named because it is constituted of those lands which are located at the southern end of Prittlewell Priory.
Following on from this the first person to build a wooden structure extending out into the estuary realised he was a mile and a quarter out to shore and had forgotten to build toilets. He went for a **** in the Thames and the rest, as we know, is history.

These days the spelling has been changed to Southend Pier.

southend united are going to win the premiership in 5 years time.

Back