• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Hear I am sitting hear still wishing it was us and not creepy .But I am very proud of every member of the team over the last few weeks they have given us all a roller coaster end to the season .I can hear many saying what if but silly points thrown away .Yes this is true but the team has given there all .And now its down to the lottery of the playoffs .If the same team turn up over the next two games then we have nothing to fear but ourselfs . UTB All the way to leauge one .

Nearly every year 83 points is enough. Its more than we got in the season we won league 1. The team have been outstanding for most of the season, and hopefully can give it one more push and get the deserved rewards this time.

It is what it is, 4th place and the amount of points we got, and the improvement in recent form and style of football is something to be pleased about.

A win and a draw away from Wembley.

I'm sure Harris said 84 would see us promoted a few months back and he was right! Disappointed that we didn't make autos, but from here on in we don't have to worry about any other side doing us a favour. It's now up to us and we've the best squad on paper of the four teams involved by a long way. I think it's now down to Sturrock...if he does his job and makes the right decisions at the right times then we've a great chance. I expect Ferdinand to be involved at Crewe and that would be the right thing to do. Who to bench though...Harris or Freddy?

Spare a thought for Torquay who I think we'd all have favoured over Crawley. 3 weeks ago we didn't think we had a chance. Even yesterday we were 3rd favourites. Torquay blew up minutes away from promotion last week. We have an unbeaten L2 playoff record to defend and we're on the up (admittedly so are Crewe)

I'm sure Harris said 84 would see us promoted a few months back and he was right! Disappointed that we didn't make autos, but from here on in we don't have to worry about any other side doing us a favour. It's now up to us and we've the best squad on paper of the four teams involved by a long way. I think it's now down to Sturrock...if he does his job and makes the right decisions at the right times then we've a great chance. I expect Ferdinand to be involved at Crewe and that would be the right thing to do. Who to bench though...Harris or Freddy?

Honestly.....who to drop out of harris or eastwood??? id be tempted to keep harris in he has been excellent of late.

I've just seen Sheffield United finished on 90 points and ended up in the play offs. :stunned:

We shouldn't under estimate any of our opponents, but I'm quietly confident that we will beat Cheltenham in the final.

I'm disapointed we missed out on the autos, I'm more disapointed it was to crawley who out of everyone doesn't deserve it. but I'm proud of the team for their recent form and hopefully it will help us in the play offs! UTB!

Yep it's disappointing not to have gone straight up. But I'm looking forward to the next three games :winking:

Play the same team we have been alternating for home and away at Crewe (Harris with Ferdinand supporting), it's been effective and we've gone over 10 hours without conceding. I don't think Eastwood earned a place ahead of Harris yesterday

We started yesterday in 5th position and an outside chance of promotion..largely out of our hands.
We finished the day in 4th and although disappointed at news from Accrington - it was no suprise. We lost automatic promotion with dire home performances against the likes of Aldershot and Rotherham..weeks ago now.

We are on a great run, we have the best squad and the best support. Everything is in our favour!!!!

We should respect Crewe Alexandra but certainly not fear them. Let them worry about us!! We are Southend United x

Back