• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is officially World Cup Month

Fill ya boots @ozzie, the bragging rights are yours again.
Sometimes its great to live in Germany when an international tournament is on...they dont need to put the street lights on tonight.As i walk the dog tonight my smile and white teeth will brighten the street up enough.
Got my little England shirt in the car window now,also like a little ping pong ball with the England badge and streamers flowing from it on my car aerial.
But i dont want to go to "OTT"..we all know being an England fan,in the end we will be left with a bad taste in our mouth`s ...so while that bad taste is still not there,i will be smiling and drinking....CUMON ENGLAND

I’ve always thought, we should’ve hacked Maradona down for the second. Take a booking or a sending off, just stop him. We’re too nice. South Americans don’t give a ****, as long as they win.
Maradona said the same thing.The English players were too much like gentlemen.Every other team would have fouled him.
This world cup,ive only seen one car with German flags flying (they are about to see a BRIT with England flags now flying.Or at least till monday morning.
Its been very,very low key world cup here.Its about to get even lower...oh so sad

I have seen a photo that must have been tampered with, it cannot be that this photo is real. It has to be manipulated," said Spain boss Luis Enrique.

"I felt that something fishy was going on when the VAR took as much time as it did to decide... I have nothing to say.

"Luckily, the team only goes into collapse mode once every four years, otherwise I wouldn't be able to cope."

Conspiracy have started :Smile:

I grew up watching World Cup football in exciting times when we talked about the Cruyff turn, the genius of Maradona, the tears of Gazza, Roger Milla and Toto Scillachi ..... now the big moments are 2mm vertical camera decisions .... the beautiful game is dying!!

Screenshot_20221201-213503_Twitter.jpg

I grew up watching World Cup football in exciting times when we talked about the Cruyff turn, the genius of Maradona, the tears of Gazza, Roger Milla and Toto Scillachi ..... now the big moments are 2mm vertical camera decisions .... the beautiful game is dying!!

View attachment 23584
I get your point, but at least it meant the right decision was made. It's a bit clinical though.

In France atm.Last night TF1 (French TV) decided to show Germany rather than (the previously advertised ) Spain v Japan.Forget ITV + the Beeb's blanket coverage of games here (UNLESS YOU'VE GOT Be iN (aka private Tv).At least I got got to see Germany go out in the group stage again.( Must be the worst German team since the last one at the WC).:Smile2:

View attachment 23584
May be an image of 2 people and text that says DON'T MENTION THE VAR

Have to say Germany were unlucky to be knocked out. They didn't play that badly in any of their games. Had 23 shots on goal last night, they're just missing a proper number nine. Also think Neuer is past his best - wouldn't be surprised if him and Muller retired from international football after this. What a crazy group and a crazy World Cup!

I get your point, but at least it meant the right decision was made. It's a bit clinical though.
Was it right? Does the rule book say the ball is in if its touching the line or hanging over it? Genuine question because I haven't read the rules of the game to that length. What I do know though is if that was England everyone would be kicking off.

Hawkeye has been effective in tennis for years and it's always been definitively if the ball is touching the line, otherwise its out. There is no shadow or ball hanging over the line at a certain angle to determine it being deemed in. This is fear has opened the floodgates to waste additional time reviewing all sorts of angles now ... this is not why VAR was brought in for and thank God its not in the NL.

See Suarez and Uruguay are still a bunch of cheating ***** !

Their behaviour during the penalty incident was outrageous. Cannot see Ghana getting back in the game now

Come on South Korea!

Was it right? Does the rule book say the ball is in if its touching the line or hanging over it? Genuine question because I haven't read the rules of the game to that length. What I do know though is if that was England everyone would be kicking off.

Hawkeye has been effective in tennis for years and it's always been definitively if the ball is touching the line, otherwise its out. There is no shadow or ball hanging over the line at a certain angle to determine it being deemed in. This is fear has opened the floodgates to waste additional time reviewing all sorts of angles now ... this is not why VAR was brought in for and thank God its not in the NL.
The ball has to be clearly and completely over the line. It wasn't, just looked it from certain angles. As for VAR, it may have helped us, vs Wrexham and Woking at home.

Completely over the line, if you watch corners get taken you'll usually see that the ball is touching a point past the line because of that rule.

Korea Republic 2-1 Portugal,, I didn't see that coming before ko. Now if Uruguay can't score again then my Sweepstake team will carry on to the last 16. Woo Hoo.

Have to say Germany were unlucky to be knocked out. They didn't play that badly in any of their games. Had 23 shots on goal last night, they're just missing a proper number nine. Also think Neuer is past his best - wouldn't be surprised if him and Muller retired from international football after this. What a crazy group and a crazy World Cup!
´Thought this about Muller last night too-especially when he went over to salute the German fans at the end.

Korea Republic 2-1 Portugal,, I didn't see that coming before ko. Now if Uruguay can't score again then my Sweepstake team will carry on to the last 16. Woo Hoo.
And the Koreans are through.

Uruguay winning the award for most pathetic set of players, surrounding the ref and shouting into his face at the final whistle for a penalty shout they think they should have had. Maybe if they hadn't spent the previous 90 minutes throwing themselves to the ground theatrically the ref wouldn't have assumed the contact at the end wasn't being exaggerated.

Back