• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is officially World Cup Month

Still remember watching the 66 final with my dad,but im sure i did not see us v the animals,as Sir Alf would say in the Q/F. But for various good reasons i hope the Argies go out.
One being how they cheated in their world cup 1978,how they got to the final.
I still remember that world cup vividly...Argentinian fans throwing confetti in the air and that world cup theme tune,both that were FANtastic.
But i wanted Holland,always had a soft spot for them since i was at Wembley Feb 1977 and they beat us(0-2) and showed us then how to play football.
They next day every UK paper said we must change they way we play... but.we have theFA

The Argies are certainly giving out some stick, just to make sure the Dutch understand they are there you understand.

When i write Cloggers..i mean the Dutch(shoes)..its another one of those jokes only i find funny(after a few beers)

Goal aside it's not been a great match to watch for a neutral, Netherlands will need to attack at some point but they seem happy to stay 1-0 down at the moment.

What did the Dutch sub warming up get booked for? Don't see a sub getting booked often

****housery at it's awful best.

They just can't help themselves.

Hopefully they'll come unstuck at the next hurdle but have a horrible feeling the Argies will make the final now.

Well that cover up by the FA didn't last long. The rumour going about was that Ben White had fisticuffs with Southgate's assistant Steve Holland in front of everyone before the USA game later on. But the FA said he came home for personal reasons. Now it's come out he did have that fight.

Argentina v Holland

Now that was a sensational game of football and the reason why we call it the beautiful game!

Back