• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is officially World Cup Month

@Tangled up in Blue is ready for the France v Morocco game. :Winking:

Tangled.jpg
Ha! Don't think I've ever dressed quite that but I do believe France will win.(Still waiting for a reply to my offer of a bet -on the WC Sweepstake thread-about this-namely that it's a fun bet for a tenner (loser pays SZ).I'm quite willing to do that if Morocco win rather suprised that there are no takers here for this). :Winking:

Argentina have brilliant fans to be honest.Was in the crowd at Wembley in June when they beat Italy 3-0 in Finalissma and they literally took over the place. I got a £40 each way bet on them to win this world cup so bit of profit guaranteed

Ha! Don't think I've ever dressed quite that but I do believe France will win.(Still waiting for a reply to my offer of a bet -on the WC Sweepstake thread-about this-namely that it's a fun bet for a tenner (loser pays SZ).I'm quite willing to do that if Morocco win rather suprised that there are no takers here for this). :Winking:
Allez!

Not seen much in tonight's game that makes me think the French will beat the argies. Other than lady luck does seem to be shining on France

Not seen much in tonight's game that makes me think the French will beat the argies. Other than lady luck does seem to be shining on France
After watching the whole game while I'd agree that France didn't dominate as completely as Argentina did yesterday I still think they'll beat Argentina on Sunday.

(A tenner fun bet to you, loser pays SZ ). Interested?

FWIW,Think Argentina suffer too much from what El Pais used to call Messidependencia (ie they rely to much on Leo ) in the time he played for Bar$a.

I'm backing France for no reason other than Argentina's reaction when winning on pens against the Dutch. Distasteful and just rank really, it's to be expected from the likes of Otamendi but not Messi who's usually as classy as they come.

Also dont underestimate, Alvarez, Ottamendi, Romero and De Maria, all impressive and a little overlooked because of the marvel that is Messi

A very strong bench compared to France

We were better than France and blew it yet again., Would have loved to see us against Argentina Final , but bot to bv sadly

I'm backing France for no reason other than Argentina's reaction when winning on pens against the Dutch. Distasteful and just rank really, it's to be expected from the likes of Otamendi but not Messi who's usually as classy as they come.

You didn't see Mbappe's reaction when Harry Kane skied his penalty?

I's like to see Messi lift the cup - I can't stand Mbappe.

For his career would be the perfect ending. Don't think either team have great defences so should be goals hopefully. France did what they needed to do last night but seem very susceptible down the flanks.

I'd say right now he's the better player.Sorry Leo you're really too old to play at WC level.It's not supposed to be "walking football." :Winking:
I think it's very clever how be walks about, to conserve energy. It allows him to have a burst of pace whenever he gets the ball. I think it only works when you have the rest of the team doing his donkey work, though (like what Barcelona did with him)

Back