• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is officially World Cup Month

8 minutes extra time - really? Come on you Saudis.
Have to say I’m loving the injury time position in this World Cup. Hoping the strictly enforced timekeeping is an experiment that transitions into the domestic game and it helps stamp out the general time wasting and ****housery we’ve just accepted as part of the game nowadays. Some of the “ball in play” stats last season were appalling and as paying clients, we genuinely deserve a better product. Now I’m not defending FIFA but…

Good start, almost scored. Got to send the sausagemen home …. and make a statement in this tournament like we did in the egg chasing a few years back.

Have to say I’m loving the injury time position in this World Cup. Hoping the strictly enforced timekeeping is an experiment that transitions into the domestic game and it helps stamp out the general time wasting and ****housery we’ve just accepted as part of the game nowadays. Some of the “ball in play” stats last season were appalling and as paying clients, we genuinely deserve a better product. Now I’m not defending FIFA but…
I thoroughly agree there’s an issue to be addressed but I find it hard to believe this is the solution.

I’d much rather referees were more proactive in preventing it during the game (time wasting also kills momentum). It may be that rules can be amended to aid this - for example how about a “play clock” on taking throws, goal-kicks etc. If a team doesn’t restart within, say, 15 seconds then the other team gets to take the throw/the goal kick becomes a corner? And maybe time wasters could be sin-banned instead of yellow carded? These may need trialling and tweaking but seem preferable to games dragging out over 2 hours.

Never thought I'd say this but good for the German players and their interior minister making a stance. Maybe some others can grow a set .

Back