• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It just might happen .....!

CC51DAS

President
After a nervous 0-0 stalemate in the opening 65minutes against a shot-shy Millwall side lacking finesse , Steve Tilson , Master of Substitutions , brings on Billy Paynter, replacing Matt Harrold . Lee Bradbury who , up to that point has had a quiet game, is released by a telling first touch pass from JCR and makes a surging run into the box where he squares the ball for the ever-willing Billy to bury the ball past the helpless Millwall keeper .

Millwall lose heart and in the closing minutes Southend's superior skills,resolve and fitness see them add a second to record their first win of the season .

Flushed with success , Tilson announces an unchanged side for the visit to Brighton where the team duly performs from the off and cruises to a comfortable 3-0 victory , with Billy again on the scoresheet .

Southend are mid-table and the ShrimperZone is full of posts announcing that the Blues are going to make a quick return to the CCC.......

....Hmmm, thought those cornflakes had an unusual taste this morning;)

After a nervous 0-0 stalemate in the opening 65minutes against a shot-shy Millwall side lacking finesse , Steve Tilson , Master of Substitutions , brings on Billy Paynter, replacing Matt Harrold . Lee Bradbury who , up to that point has had a quiet game, is released by a telling first touch pass from JCR and makes a surging run into the box where he squares the ball for the ever-willing Billy to bury the ball past the helpless Millwall keeper .

Millwall lose heart and in the closing minutes Southend's superior skills,resolve and fitness see them add a second to record their first win of the season .

Flushed with success , Tilson announces an unchanged side for the visit to Brighton where the team duly performs from the off and cruises to a comfortable 3-0 victory , with Billy again on the scoresheet .

Southend are mid-table and the ShrimperZone is full of posts announcing that the Blues are going to make a quick return to the CCC.......

Not sure about the corn flakes, more like a surfeit of cheese before bed time.:D

Last edited:
Another thing that looks more likely to happen now...

I wonder if Byfield is still holding out for his move to the Midlands since Jamelia's split up with him and moved back to Brum :thump:

As much as I would like to see Billy come good, he played yesterday as though he felt that whatever he tried wouldn't come off. There were countless attempts at one two's but his passes either went astray or to the opposition. You can't fault the effort but he needs an enormous strike of luck to get going. Whether this is going to happen at SU still remains to be seen. He needs to tread in something canine produced, look out for black cats, hope a pigeon drops its load on his shoulder, carry a rabbit's foot and hope his luck changes.

As much as I would like to see Billy come good, he played yesterday as though he felt that whatever he tried wouldn't come off. There were countless attempts at one two's but his passes either went astray or to the opposition. You can't fault the effort but he needs an enormous strike of luck to get going. Whether this is going to happen at SU still remains to be seen. He needs to tread in something canine produced, look out for black cats, hope a pigeon drops its load on his shoulder, carry a rabbit's foot and hope his luck changes.

Since my dog Benji ( named after the great man himself ) died in May , I can't help with any of those.

I could give him a box of cornflakes that seem to be able to change your outlook on life - or, come to think of it , was it the bacon and mushrooms ?

Since my dog Benji ( named after the great man himself ) died in May , I can't help with any of those.

I could give him a box of cornflakes that seem to be able to change your outlook on life - or, come to think of it , was it the bacon and mushrooms ?

I think he's off the bacon and mushrooms, he looks a lot slimmer this season :) . Maybe some Senacot will help his passing though. I'm sure he'll try anything.

I think he's off the bacon and mushrooms, he looks a lot slimmer this season :) . Maybe some Senacot will help his passing though. I'm sure he'll try anything.

Bought them in Sainsbury's as well - BTW you sayin' I'm fat ? Maybe I should try that Senacot stuff

I quite like the decorator, i've always rated him, but its looking more amnd more likely that it won't happen for him here. I still he might come good, he's a better player than Harrold and Harrold has had a lot more games.

I think Tilly has invested a lot of belief in Harrold but without Fred it is more about trying to create a pattern of play that brings in our strengths in midfield - i.e. knock it up to Harrold/Paynter who retain possession and bring in midfield -

if Harrold gets injured/continues to be ineffective you slot Payter in -

also the second striker should be able to paly off the target man - Hooper or
MacDonald -

of course the best hold up player is Bradbury but other parts of his game struggle and looking forward a younger player with greater mobility is required

Bought them in Sainsbury's as well - BTW you sayin' I'm fat ? Maybe I should try that Senacot stuff

I'm in no position to comment, especially after the bacon roll during the first half. Tilly may have trouble sorting his team out but at least they seem very fit this season (not like the fans :) ).

The whole believeability of that fell apart soon as you mentioned a substitution being made in the 65th minute.

Back