• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it"s all going badly wrong!

You lot put up with anything and pay more for the priviledge as well. Ron Martin gets away with murder as long as you lot brush it all under the carpet!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ May 21 2004,17:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 21 2004,17:45)]Off on that 'you're all sheep" cr*p again, are you?
If I was a sheep, do you seriously believe I'd have moved here?  
rock.gif
Nice one, Swanseashrimper. You have achieved the impossible and made me laugh despite Connie!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Okay, what's the 'Wiggy Plan Of Action'? We're all ears.

Push the boat out and offer competetive terms, what chance you got when Canvey and hornchurch are paying proper footballers wages, and all we do is increase admission and then pay a pittance!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,17:56)]You lot put up with anything and pay more for the priviledge as well. Ron Martin gets away with murder as long as you lot brush it all under the carpet!
What particular brand of murder has Ron Martin exactly got away with?! I'd be very interested to hear your theory because, having spoken to the man several times in person and on the phone, I really can't see what you're getting at. Yes, his motives for buying the club might stem around his development side of the business, but I really cannot believe that he is happy to see the club die in pursuit of that goal. I really can't.

I don't understand these sort of people who appear to believe that the board of directors have it in for the club and are determined to see it to fail.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:06)]Push the boat out and offer competetive terms ...
We did that in the mid-90s and it damn near destroyed the club; where exactly were you during the Whelan years?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,19:06)]Push the boat out and offer competetive terms, what chance you got when Canvey and hornchurch are paying proper footballers wages, and all we do is increase admission and then pay a pittance!
That isn't an EXACT description of how you would do things better than Ron Martin.

How much DO we pay each of our players then?

How would you finance 'pushing' the boat out when the ship (never mind the boat) is in danger of sinking.

Please take note of certain facts (i.e. debt) before dreaming up fanciful solutions.

And if you make statements (i.e. wages), then back them up with actual facts and figures.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:06)]Push the boat out and offer competetive terms, what chance you got when Canvey and hornchurch are paying proper footballers wages, and all we do is increase admission and then pay a  pittance!
Are you privy to the club's income and financial position, the players current wages, and what their salary demands are now?

Why not let us in on the secrets and put a figure of what 'competitive' means in relation to the club's finances?

Or are you a multi-millionaire and are prepared to bankroll the club without worrying too much about how much it all costs?

If so, the 'Wiggy Plan Of Action' is a definite go-er and you definitely get my vote in the Euro elections.

Indeed. The bottomless pocket stashed full of cash does not exist at Southend United. It might do at Canvey Island or Hornchurch, but not at Roots Hall. Some people really need to understand that ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ May 21 2004,19:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:06)]Push the boat out and offer competetive terms, what chance you got when Canvey and hornchurch are paying proper footballers wages, and all we do is increase admission and then pay a pittance!
Are you privy to the club's income and financial position, the players current wages, and what their salary demands are now?

Why not let us in on the secrets and put a figure of what 'competitive' means in relation to the club's finances?

Or are you a multi-millionaire and are prepared to bankroll the club without worrying too much about how much it all costs?

If so, the 'Wiggy Plan Of Action' is a definite go-er and you definitely get my vote in the Euro elections.
Unfortunately, I think all us sheep can tell he's just talking complete and utter 'bolacs'!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,19:15)]Best ewe can do!
Actually, that's pretty much what we already said to you... that you have failed to argue your point with solidly.

Yep, and obviously far better than your master plan for the club ...

WS

Like a lamb to the slaughter wasn't he? He really should drown his sorrows down the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar now.

Taxi .....

3 or 4 strong arguments and a mention of sheep.
You (wiggy) choose to comment about the sheep.

Thanks for taking the time to show us where we were all going so wrong.
(Or shuld that be rong?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:15)]Best ewe can do!
Look Wiggy you've dug yourself a hole, which your not going to get out of, by just trying your luck and answering back to people on this board, because you won't win. You were wrong, you should just see that, and move on.

Can't believe wiggy, or indeed anyone, would readily compare themselves to Tony the fuggin' Kray.

Kray's already started moaning about signing Andy Edwards on shrimpers.net, so I took issue with him, accusing him of starting a "Tilson Out" campaign. Don't think he was too chuffed with that...

tounge.gif

Its all about building from the back. At least on 20 odd occassions this season, we've conceded 2 or more goals (in the league) and i'd rather have a water-tight defence than be a team scoring and conceding all the time.

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 21 2004,18:30)]Its all about building from the back. At least on 20 odd occassions this season, we've conceded 2 or more goals (in the league) and i'd rather have a water-tight defence than be a team scoring and conceding all the time.
Thank you George Graham
smile.gif

Back