• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it"s all going badly wrong!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
So all you mugs out there that have kept on about a new keeper should now realise that it was the other end you should be worried about. Losing Constantine is disastrous especially when donkey Broughton is one of your alternatives, open your eyes he is not up to it. Dudfield will not be the same player as he and Connie looked the perfect pairing. Still Che Wilson has been offered a contract, is this the only sort of players we can keep. There will be more "names" to follow after Constantine and the best Ron Martin can do is increase the admission. Why do we bother?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:29)]Why do we bother...
... reading your posts?

I don't think we're mugs for talking about all possible positions. We've talked about 'keeprs, defenders, midfielders and forwards.

Whilst some of us are still angry/disappointed at losing Connie, I notice you're already busy getting in your 'I told you so' comments

The last person I saw doing that was Tonythekray, and I must say you're just about as annoying.

Now give yourself a big pat on the back for having such foresight, then p*ss off and grow up!
mad.gif

Leaving aside that Constantine would obviously score far more than Broughton, it is questionable whether he would be a better foil for Dudfield. I've always accepted that Broughton is not a particularly fine individual player, but he is someone who will make chances for his partner.

Perhaps me and Tony the Kray speak the truth that you and your deciples can"t see coming. Face facts, only the conference standard Che Wilsons of this world is all that we are ever likely to keep for a prelonged period of time!

And perhaps you and Tony just talk negative shi.te, present opinion as fact and not the other way round, and aren't even remotely prepared to consider anyone else's point of view.

Are you Geoffrey King?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:40)]Perhaps me and Tony the Kray speak the truth that you and your deciples can"t see coming. Face facts, only the conference standard Che Wilsons of this world is all that we are ever likely to keep for a prelonged period of time!
And pray tell... what is a "prelonged period of time"?

Off on that 'you're all sheep" cr*p again, are you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 21 2004,17:43)]What are "deciples"?

Anyone?

WS
Not sure, but I'd hate to have them for a prelonged period of time.

Looks like a case of too many 'E's

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ May 21 2004,17:43)]And perhaps you and Tony just talk negative shi.te, present opinion as fact and not the other way round, and aren't even remotely prepared to consider anyone else's point of view.

Are you Geoffrey King?
Uncanny resemblance, eh?

WS

biggrin.gif

It"s the club thats negative, Hornchurch are positive trying to improve there situation and we are going backwards, unable to hold on to our best players, fact!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 21 2004,17:45)]Off on that 'you're all sheep" cr*p again, are you?
If I was a sheep, do you seriously believe I'd have moved here?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,17:49)]It"s the club thats negative, Hornchurch are positive trying to improve there situation and we are going backwards, unable to hold on to our best players, fact!
of course, because bankrupting the club would be such a positive move!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:49)]It"s the club thats negative, Hornchurch are positive trying to improve there situation and we are going backwards, unable to hold on to our best players, fact!
Yes... if only you were chairman for a prelonged period of time. There's just no justice in the world, is there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,17:49)]It"s the club thats negative, Hornchurch are positive trying to improve there situation and we are going backwards, unable to hold on to our best players, fact!
But I don't think it through lack of trying. Hornchurch have more money than us, fact!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,18:49)]It"s the club thats negative, Hornchurch are positive trying to improve there situation and we are going backwards, unable to hold on to our best players, fact!
Oh, and up until recently, you could have used Rushden & Diamonds as another example of a club not afraid to take positive action.

rock.gif

the bubble always bursts for small teams... which is why we're in the sh*t we're in now.

Are Hornchurch subject to the league's enforced turnover rules which mean you can't spend more than a fixed percentage of what you bring in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ May 21 2004,17:51)]of course, because bankrupting the club would be such a positive move!
Indeed. I'd rather the club I've supported for over 27 years have a fighting chance of surviving to their centenary ...

WS

Back