• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Italy v England Euro 2024 Group C Qualifier - 19:45 Live coverage on Channel 4 from 19:00

Phil Foden was only on the pitch a couple of minutes more than Jake Hyde has managed all season.

We have been crap this half and I am glad the ref has been clamping down on time wasting.
We have been poor, granted. Typical England has returned, we got too scared that we might win after that first 45

Ref has dished out 4 yellows to England players, one to Italy. Been incredibly soft on the repeated Italian fouling, but he's a UEFA ref so water is wet.

Edit: another booking for England, Luke Shaw. What a bell this ref really is.
Two of the yellows were for timewasting and he’s hardly going to book the losing team for timewasting.

Two of the yellows were for timewasting and he’s hardly going to book the losing team for timewasting.
Not moaning about our bookings but rather the repeated Italian offences that have gone unpunished, some of them far worse tackles than ours.

Not moaning about our bookings but rather the repeated Italian offences that have gone unpunished, some of them far worse tackles than ours.

For example, how many times have you seen a penalty given for handball in the box, but no yellow card to go with it?

I have never liked Italian football , professional cheats is my opinion of them . They cheated Australia may years ago in a World cup knockout stage. Bunch of prima donna actors and cheats.

We have been poor, granted. Typical England has returned, we got too scared that we might win after that first 45
Yes typical England, winning away in Italy, our toughest game in the group.

Thought we played really well first half, pressure was on and we sat too deep and struggle to get into the game in the second. good to hold on and get the win.

Great atmosphere in the away end and a good day in Naples. Now for another pizza before a flight home and Southend away tomorrow

Yes typical England, winning away in Italy, our toughest game in the group.

Thought we played really well first half, pressure was on and we sat too deep and struggle to get into the game in the second. good to hold on and get the win.

Great atmosphere in the away end and a good day in Naples. Now for another pizza before a flight home and Southend away tomorrow
Good stuff mate, hope you enjoyed Naples. I'm assuming there was no trouble, haven't seen any reported?

Good stuff mate, hope you enjoyed Naples. I'm assuming there was no trouble, haven't seen any reported?

Naples is a bit of a dump to be honest but so are many other European cities that are massively overhyped, had a better time here than Milan last year for example.

No trouble as the police (as expected) held everyone back for an hour before the majority got organised coaches back to the city that took another hour aswell (you’ll know yourself that is double the journey time it should be).

Only trouble I have seen is with the always really nice Italian police who decide to start getting a bit rough with some fans trying to get into the ground.

Enjoy it while it lasts.That will be about as good as it gets under Southgate.England will obviously qualify for Germany and I predict get knocked out by the first decent side they play a la France in Qatar.Seen it all before I'm afraid.

Naples is a bit of a dump to be honest but so are many other European cities that are massively overhyped, had a better time here than Milan last year for example.

No trouble as the police (as expected) held everyone back for an hour before the majority got organised coaches back to the city that took another hour aswell (you’ll know yourself that is double the journey time it should be).

Only trouble I have seen is with the always really nice Italian police who decide to start getting a bit rough with some fans trying to get into the ground.
Naples is falling apart, but it is one of the oldest cities around that hasn't had major redevelopment. I find it quite charming as it is different, I couldn't live three though. I also love how cheap it is compared to the Northern Italian cities, €2 for a bottle of peroni in a bar! Wine even cheaper!

Sound like the England fans were much better behaved than frankfurt last week. I was listening to the napoli podcast "in the shadow of versuvio" this week and Michele, who lives in Naples was saying the police probably add more tension with away fans with the way they treat them. Most Italian club fans don't go to napoli away as the police often delay them getting in the ground and it's not uncommon for them to miss the 1st 30mins of a game. Hope you got in on time to enjoy the whole game

"See Naples and then die" was a common expression, echoed most famously on his grand tour by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, to identify Naples as the most naturally and artistically beautiful city in the world; so beautiful that one needn't look upon anything else after seeing it.

"Naples is a bit of a dump to be honest"

Cant' complain with a win in Italy, though the Italians were a shadow of the side that beat us at Euro 2020. Stick Rashford instead of Grealish and that looks a good team.

"See Naples and then die" was a common expression, echoed most famously on his grand tour by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, to identify Naples as the most naturally and artistically beautiful city in the world; so beautiful that one needn't look upon anything else after seeing it.

"Naples is a bit of a dump to be honest"
Haha I can see both points of view to be fair. Some parts of Naples are a dump and poverty ridden. It still has beautiful narrow side streets with rich character and if you go away from the city centre and down to the promenade you see a totally diffent Naples. Need to remember that quote is over 300 yrs old

Back