• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Italy v England Euro 2024 Group C Qualifier - 19:45 Live coverage on Channel 4 from 19:00

Indeed we did. But it was a very even game, was it not? And but for a very rare Kane missed pen, I fancy we would have won it in ET or on pens.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. :Winking: FWIW I always thought there'd be only one winner -and it wasn't going to be England.Also thought it was worrying that they did a demolition job on Holland the other night too.Looks like they might be around as a force for a bit.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. :Winking: FWIW I always thought there'd be only one winner -and it wasn't going to be England.Also thought it was worrying that they did a demolition job on Holland the other night too.Looks like they might be around as a force for a bit.
I wasn't over-impressed with their display against the Irish. I will maintain that the two best teams in Europe are France and England and that they are very evenly matched.

I wasn't over-impressed with their display against the Irish. I will maintain that the two best teams in Europe are France and England and that they are very evenly matched.
France seemed to be more interested in game management than scoring again after Pavard's screamer. To my mind, they ought to be capable of so much more with some potentially flair players but you only see it in patches and they seem content just to play the game out once they go ahead. Must be frustrating to be a supporter

France seemed to be more interested in game management than scoring again after Pavard's screamer. To my mind, they ought to be capable of so much more with some potentially flair players but you only see it in patches and they seem content just to play the game out once they go ahead. Must be frustrating to be a supporter
Haven't seen any of the 4 goals they scored in their recent demolition job against Holland.But on paper at least that's an impressive performance.

Haven't seen any of the 4 goals they scored in their recent demolition job against Holland.But on paper at least that's an impressive performance.
Yes, They showed against Holland what they could do early on and then eased off with all the sideways and backwards stuff. Just seem capable of so much more but playing within themselves much of the time.

Absolutely agree, Deschamps is a winner and they are so well drilled but as a spectator I would just like to see them turn it on for longer spells than fifteen minutes here and there.
Sounds a lot like England. I would like them to step on teams' throats when they have them on the ropes.

Why do you feel the need to stick it to people before the tournament has even started Phil? It almost sounds like you want England to fail (which I'm sure is not the case).
Happens every tournament. Just bar him from the thread. Harmony broke out last time.

Back