• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
The rumour that PB applied for another job and the rumour he demanded 6 months money upfront is plain crackers,So why did Ron want him?There are many hungry managers who would have put their heart and soul into the job and be a lot cheaper into the bargain,The club could have appointed from within..Ricky Duncan springs to my mind.

Phillip is high profile and seems to love tv and radio and talks a good game,Yet apart from 2 good years with Hull has done very little to warrant his demands if they are true?.Ron must know either way he will sack him or be left in the lurch in a short time frame.

Justin at County has worked wonders whilst Devo has taken a village team into mid table even GP would have gave it a fair crack.

Ron please sack Ron.

Haven't we done this to death? It was a rumour, nothing more with little to back it up.

Didn't Ron want Brown before he hired Sturrock?

Seems liked he has been an admirer of him.

Am I the only one looking foward to Phil browns tenure? I think he will really get us playing the foot all we all crave and most importantly get results. Give the man a chance and judge him on where we are at next Christmas.

I don't think you are the only one looking forward to brown leading the club next season . Folk spent the last week of last season moaning that Brown was no better than what we had in Paul Sturrock .I once asked if P B was the right man for the job . But now the old season is over and a new one is to begin .This is where Phil Brown will hopefully prove me wrong . We could not judge him over the last 7 games because he was a manager with no clout . He could not being in anyone to change what he had . Now he has the full summer to bring in fresh faces .And hopefully keep some of the old players on .Then after say November if nothing has changed and we are near the bottom then start baying for his blood . But until such times we should all give him our full support and give the man a fair chance .

Phil Brown did not get Hull promoted from the Championship and maintain their Premier League status by playing a crap standard of football. He is very much into his sports science and has some decent coaching badges. On paper, we are punching above our weight massively, but in reality we aren't, as he is not the most likeable chap. He's like marmite (personality & complexion) and therefore he's never going to have full support of the fan base.

I'm all for giving the man a chance. Let him get his own players in and we'll judge him in January when he's had a fair crack of the whip. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in writing someone off before they've had an opportunity to warrant being judged :facepalm:

Phil Brown did not get Hull promoted from the Championship and maintain their Premier League status by playing a crap standard of football. He is very much into his sports science and has some decent coaching badges. On paper, we are punching above our weight massively, but in reality we aren't, as he is not the most likeable chap. He's like marmite (personality & complexion) and therefore he's never going to have full support of the fan base.

I'm all for giving the man a chance. Let him get his own players in and we'll judge him in January when he's had a fair crack of the whip. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in writing someone off before they've had an opportunity to warrant being judged :facepalm:

I would say on paper we are punching massively below our weight. We have the crowds to be playing at a higher level. The only reason we're where we are is financial.

I think he means we are punching above our weight in terms of having Phil Brown as our manager.

The rumour that PB applied for another job and the rumour he demanded 6 months money upfront is plain crackers,So why did Ron want him?There are many hungry managers who would have put their heart and soul into the job and be a lot cheaper into the bargain,The club could have appointed from within..Ricky Duncan springs to my mind.

Phillip is high profile and seems to love tv and radio and talks a good game,Yet apart from 2 good years with Hull has done very little to warrant his demands if they are true?.Ron must know either way he will sack him or be left in the lurch in a short time frame.

Justin at County has worked wonders whilst Devo has taken a village team into mid table even GP would have gave it a fair crack.

Ron please sack Ron.

I think that Tilly was a one-off, Mrs B. I don't really buy this idea that our ex-players are all potential managers. Sturrock showed (for a while) what an established and respected manager can do that an inexperienced one can't. Besides, I like the fact that PB is a good pundit. It suggests, to me, that he's a good communicator and has a larger vocabulary to pull on than the 'like I said' merchants.

Brown has pedigree. It may not be the pedigree desired by some, but let's wait and see. There are many more Dean Saunders out there.

I am looking forward to next season,im in the minority because i believe PB will bring about change,not just in personel but also in the way SUFC play,and i think we will be challenging for promotion, love him or hate him ,hes here to do a job, its in his own interest to do it well if he s still aspiring for higher things.C/mon people give the man a go, support him 110%, if he fails then im sure RM will give him his marching orders, because its in RMs interest for SUFC to also be successful.

Back