• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's All My Fault. And I am Sorry.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
This all my fault.

For Xmas my other half brought me a retro Southend shirt. So, I stopped wearing the other one (blue n white stripes) and moved into the nice new fabric of plain dark blue. Very comfy it is too.

I've worn it at every game I've been to since, which is all the home one and most of the away ones. I've also worn it on the few occassions where I haven't travelled.

There was one exception. I didn't wear it when we played Leyton Orient away coz I was up north and it didn't seem right to wear another team's shirt whilst watching two neutral sides play.

So, having worn the shirt for 11 of the 12 games since I got it, we've only won on the one occassion where I didn't.

So, do I wear it tomorrow?

I accept your apologies. Do you think that is why Lee Barnard left?

I think you should wear a NY Yankees shirt tomorrow with Orlando Magic Baseball cap.

I accept your apologies - please wear Wycombe, Stockport, Exeter and Gillingham shirts (all at the same time!) for the rest of the season as your penance!

This all my fault.

For Xmas my other half brought me a retro Southend shirt. So, I stopped wearing the other one (blue n white stripes) and moved into the nice new fabric of plain dark blue. Very comfy it is too.

I've worn it at every game I've been to since, which is all the home one and most of the away ones. I've also worn it on the few occassions where I haven't travelled.

There was one exception. I didn't wear it when we played Leyton Orient away coz I was up north and it didn't seem right to wear another team's shirt whilst watching two neutral sides play.

So, having worn the shirt for 11 of the 12 games since I got it, we've only won on the one occassion where I didn't.

Don't be so hard on yourself, i have worn the same pair of underpants for the same length of time, i am going to scrape them off and try a different pair for tomorrow. Hope you realise that if you do wear 'the cursed shirt' tomorrow then you will get recognised, maybe a kicking could be coming your way. UTB and good luck tomorrow.

Phew! and there was me thinking it was all my fault for not getting steak and kidney pie from the fish house way back against Southampton.
These are drastic times so if you think it will make a difference standing on your left leg only whilst watching the blue belles, then blooming do it!
When I can't get to the games I have a rule that I can't blink at the telly whilst staring at the Southend score on sky. You will be amazed at how much difference that doesn't make.

It's not you, it's me

No, it's my fault. The lucky socks were more hole than polywotsit and the new ones at Christmas seemed to make it the right time to chuck them out. I regret it now, so so much...

This all my fault.

No mate, you certainly don't wear it.

been avoiding the inbound A13 on match days - think i;ll give it a try tomorrow -

when tthe goal against CCharlton went in .... i thought the nightmare was over .. not beginning

This all my fault.

Can I suggest Lord Football is burnt to death as in the Whicker Man. I know some of you might think this is going a bit to far, but I could do with half his inheritance when my mum passes away.

Back